Catch the Latest Latitude Adjustment Podcast About Mexico (1 Viewer)

MadAndy

Pilgrim
Website
www.latitudeadjustmentpod.com
For this installment of Latitude Adjustment Podcast I speak with David Vrabo, in Tijuana, and I think you'll find our conversation helpful in contextualizing some of the sensationalized news headlines floating around out there.

From David's 4,000 km bike trip, to the caravan that's been moving its way towards the US border from Central America, to the seemingly endless carnage wrought by the Drug War, to Mexican politics, conversations with migrant workers, a real-world lesson in corruption and extortion, a speed-history lesson on US relations with Latin America, and reflections from my own two-year journey throughout the borderlands, I think there's something in here for everyone, no matter your level of familiarity with Mexico and Latin America.

It would mean a lot if you share this around, and help to counter some of the misinformation out there. Gracias!

(all photo credits to David Vrabo)

david.jpg
David.2.jpg
David.border.wall.jpg

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
just as a reminder, we discourage copying and pasting the same thing in multiple areas. I've deleted your thread in the travel stories section and kept this one here, since it seemed like the most relevant location.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.