carhartt thift score!

iamcrkt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
hope you get your two months worth out of it! cause that's how long they'll last before the ass comes apart, the crotch separates, and the back pockets become windows.

dickies are built to last. carhartts are not built like they used to.

iamcrkt

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
it's very true but I guess the point that I was getting across is that punks regard carhartts as "crusty armor" so to speak, and even go as far as ADVERTISING and supporting them to their friends... when in fact they are a known union buster... even though their clothing says it was union made!

loess

Reaction score
aww crkt, you done rained on my thrift parade!

i don't really consider this thing to be punk rock armor -- i'm just stoked that i found exactly what i've been trying to hunt down for months now...an insulated and (somewhat) durable coverall. thanks for mentioning the union busting. up to now i've never bought any brand-new Carhartt items, and now i definitely won't.

i'm usually pretty good at tracking down info on Google but i can't find anything on Carhartt and union busting/other hypocritical practices. if you have access to anything i could read about it and could share it i'd love to take in more info.

iamcrkt

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
ok when I said union busting I ment that they moved jobs to other countries for cheap labor... oops :X

http://www.buyblue.org/node/470/view/ratings/tid/141

Carhartt to close plant in "crippled" Stewart County TN
By Jimmy Settle, The Leaf-Chronicle (Clarksville, TN), November 18, 2005. Carhartt Inc. announced late Thursday it will close its 11-year-old Dover, TN sewing plant, resulting in the loss of 95 jobs. The closing will be effective March 31. The company attributes the decision to foreign imports. "The end of a 40-year, globally enforced apparel quota system and the recent passing of the Central American Free Trade Agreement — Dominican Republic (CAFTA-DR) have allowed, and will continue to allow, additional imports from overseas which significantly change our business," Phil Edlin, Carhartt's vice president of Manufacturing, said in a prepared announcement.

... they sure do word that real nice.

Reaction score
i dont give a fuck who made'em. Im gonna rock'em
till the day i die. I've had no problems with them.
You can buy these one pants, or steal them if you
can find them. They are made out of what firemens hoses
are made of.

They cost over 100$ though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads