Careful for the damn Immigration Police in EU

Loaf

Reaction score
I was hitching through Belgium when the car I was in got stopped.The police asked to see my papers for some reason and I said sure thing. Well my pops is Dutch so I got the passport and shit but I had lost it in Amsterdam so I was on the American. Well about an hour later I find myself in a jail cell in Antwerp, Belgium with nothing said to me about 8 hours later they tell me I am being deported and immediately must take me to the detainee prison. In the process I lost my pack and all my stuff which wasn't much but, it was full of pictures from waaaaayy back and letters and just little lovely things. Well spent a few days in prison got told I could fight it but, it might take 2 months to prove I was a Dutch citizen so I said fuck send me on the plane( i got some prison shoes out of it though and a few amazing friends) but, moral of the story kids just keep your papers on you at all times! Especially through Belgium they are ruthless.

OH and FUCK BORDERS

The way they make people feel like criminals for simply migrating is unreal!

Reactions: Mankini

stove

Reaction score
DUde I got rejected and then deported from the UK, similar story. SUCKS. But just keep in mind how foreigners get treated in the US! I haven't had much trouble with police abroad (except the UK), but I get hit up all the time by pigs in the US. A lot of my friends from abroad have had hella trouble hitching in the US. Sorry to hear that you got booted, but at least you're 1/2 dutch so you can go back eh? I'm headed back over there in a few days...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads