Canoeing in the Amazon, come as you are

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
So I've been doing this canoeing bit down here for a few years now. I've got some home bases (right now, Barcelos, AM) but am always moving around. Really I think I'm gonna hit the river for a long stretch pretty soon (maybe for like four months). I had someone coming for a loong trip this months but they flaked, so I find myself suddenly free. Thinking about heading to the Juruá, maybe. Recently lost most of my gear in a river disaster that I won't go into here, so I gotta work awhile and make the dough for more, but after, I'll be on the river again. I probably will only be able to tolerate nonstop Barcelos for a few more months, so I reckon January is a probable D-Day period. If anybody's around (Brazil, Amazonas state, see: Rio Negro) hit me up, must be able to take heat / bugs. Must like fish. Must not have a problem with shooting animals and eating their livers. Must have a hammock. Must be alone cause I got only 1 seat and anyways two extra mouths is a bit much.

Here's my battleship. She don't look like much but she's taken me more than 4,000 miles so don't knock her
cropped-06.jpg

For more info visit my blog to the left <---------- Drop me an email or pm me.

--- Patrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
ahhhh doooooooodddddd - can you hear the epic sigh from here? That is soooooo awesome - enjoy!!! I will enjoy it from the pics from you.

Ristoncor

Reaction score
If I could, I would ditch school and go canoeing for the rest of my years. This sounds awesome; hope someone joins you or you just have fun doing this on your own.
Awaiting pictures :p

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Thanks guys -- I'll put up some photos. This applies to the next couple of years too so if any hitcher finds him or herself in Brazil before 2016 or 2017 I'll probably still be doing this, if they don't deport me before then :p

Reactions: wizehop and watson

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads