Can I see the train forum please? (1 Viewer)

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.

treatment

Wanderer
I’ve had an account here for a long time. I am not here very much, and rarely actually read the train forum. But now I can’t read it so I’m mad and want it back. I tried to figure out why I can’t see it and gave up pretty quick.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I am starting to get irritated with all the people asking this:

#1 reason people can't see the train hopping forum right now is because they don't have their 'about me' section of their profile filled out.

new rules were decided here:

...and are clearly stated in the forum description:

Screenshot_2020-06-01 Squat the Planet.png

aaaaandddd posted in the website announcements thread:

aaaaanddd a notice posted in the train hopping section itself:

Screenshot_2020-06-01 Train Hopping.png

So I'm not exactly sure how you're missing it, you must not be trying that hard.

I guess I gotta send a MASS EMAIL to EVERYONE now, because it's the only thing I can think of to do besides everything I've done above.

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
I’ve had an account here for a long time. I am not here very much, and rarely actually read the train forum. But now I can’t read it so I’m mad and want it back. I tried to figure out why I can’t see it and gave up pretty quick.

If it's any consolation -I still can't post there either, and my photography is mentioned in the introductory section!

treatment

Wanderer
I thought that I had my whole profile filled out. I didn’t miss the note about it.

As far as I can tell, I have the about me section of my profile filled, and it shows 160 posts over the lifetime of this account.

I really don’t see the need to throw a fit about it. Not everybody here lives on STP, and viewing every message sent about bandanas and oogle how to guides is annoying and unnecessary, especially on mobile. It’s not like the quality of information here is particularly high, and I don’t see the need to jump through hoops to access it, when there are other more thoroughly vetted avenues available for discussion of trains. you don’t think LEO can make a profile with a fake bio and make ten posts?

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
If it's any consolation -I still can't post there either, and my photography is mentioned in the introductory section!

i checked your account and you can both view AND post in the train hopping section, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. and if you couldn't why did you not send a message to a staff member or myself? beats posting about it passive-aggressively.

It’s not like the quality of information here is particularly high, and I don’t see the need to jump through hoops to access it, when there are other more thoroughly vetted avenues available for discussion of trains. you don’t think LEO can make a profile with a fake bio and make ten posts?

then why are you complaining? just go away.

and viewing every message sent about bandanas and oogle how to guides is annoying and unnecessary,

oh, gee, the whole two messages you got. sorry about that, i didn't mean to overwhelm you, clearly that's too much for you to process.

But now I can’t read it so I’m mad and want it back. I tried to figure out why I can’t see it and gave up pretty quick.

The above sounds like an entitled spoiled child, AND admits you barely even tried, which is why you got so many downvotes and why im also not all that inclined to help you.

I did check on your account though and yes, you can view and post in the train hopping forum, so congratulations; you somehow managed to do the bare minimum to get in. It's quite the accomplishment, try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back.

thread closed.

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.