Camping Stove Airline Issues? | Squat the Planet

Camping Stove Airline Issues?

KootenayRambler

Reaction score
Hey folks. Im headed out on a big trip across the ocean in a few days and was suddenly struck with the idea that I may or may not be able to bring my own stove along with me. Its just a simple single burner propane stove (no tank), but what I've been reading on the internet says that customs may confiscate it from my baggage once I check it in, due to possible propane residue inside. My stove has no fuel lines, so it seems absurd that any residue would remain inside the contraption after cooking, but who knows, I'm no scientist. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any experience checking a used stove onto an airplane?

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I don't think you'll have a problem. As far as I know, propane is a pressurized substance, and if there is no canister, then there is no propane? It would just dissipate once released...

i use an alcohol stove. I don't even think I drained it before I got on the plane. Nothing was said. And that stuff lights up with a spark.

K

Kim Chee

Stoves are pretty inexpensive comparing to airfare.

There will be no propane residue in that type of stove, but the authorities will do what they wish.

Don't bring anything on a plane that you don't mind to be stolen.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads