Came to STP 16 years ago... | Squat the Planet

Came to STP 16 years ago...

Jonnyboy369

Reaction score
Hello STP, I have not been on this site since 2004. I think it was in its infancy then. The founder of this site had posted stories of his life travelling, and it was definitely what inspired me to leave my hometown with absolutely nothing a long time ago. I went travelling with nothing but a backpack and a few hundred bucks, with someone I met on this site back then. I can't believe how far I have come, and changed in all those years. I am an anarchist at heart, I was born that way. My only regrets from my travelling days were getting so heavily into drugs, I think it kept me isolated and kept me from doing alot of positive things I could have contributed to. I spend all my time now with a bunch of working dudes at a steel mill. A great bunch of guys, but killing my body daily for materialism I don't care about is really starting to get me down. I'd love to meet any cool people here in PDX that think out of the box ....

Jonnyboy369

Reaction score
I unload the slabs from Rail cars. I found this old Buzz Blur Colossus of Roads on one the other day...

Attachments

• 940.jpeg
    940.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 168

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey @Jonnyboy369! that means a lot to hear how StP influenced you all the way back when, feels like ages ago :)

if you're curious you can still access that old site at:

https://squattheplanet.com/old

If you have some time I'd love to hear some travel stories of your own!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads