Banned BrianC503 for idiotic alt-right statements (1 Viewer)

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Also @Coywolf, dude, you're spot on again. Thanks for keeping a level head and metamorphosing into a beautiful, well-articulated, mod butterfly. A few years ago, I couldn't stand you but you've really come a long way, dude. I mean this in the best way possible.
Naw, I get what you are saying here. I've had many a conversation with people on StP that have changed my outlook on life/ideas/people more than I ever thought possible.

I've said some some pretty dumb/insensitive shit on here in the past, and I'm glad I could come out on the other side realizing that I wasent the only person my speech affected. (See how this relates to the thread?! 😁)

But anyways, WTF KOALA, WHY YOU GOTTA BE SUCH AN ASSHOLE 🖕!!! 🤣🤣

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Whoooaaa inception! The plot turns around to relate a story and a lesson to the original topic, ahah hell yeah
I'm glad I could come out on the other side realizing that I wasent the only person my speech affected. (See how this relates to the thread?! 😁)

Lol you obviously don't know us very well then @roughdraft! I know a lot of folks on here tend to get cranky, but there's still some of us who can have relatively level discussions

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
whoa, what would be the good in ending this post full of true points that probably most of the forum agrees with - and these points which are especially important to you - with a backhanded compliment of this sort? I mean, it's got nothing to do with me, but, you want it to be meant "in the best way possible"? yet i feel like this comes across as pretty nasty, loaded with this high and mighty attitude, as if *your* judgement over the guy a few years ago vs. now means something? i'm not tryin to hate on you but that sounds pretty shot to hell and unnecessary. wouldn't it be firm enough just to say you appreciated what the guy had to say?
I guess I'm guilty of making the same backhanded comment towards Coywolf. Is it really backhanded though? Is it really a high horse issue? Or is it just one person being completely honest with another person about how they once felt about them and how they've changed their opinion? Coywolf and I used to butt heads a lot, now we don't. Why can't I talk about that? Why do I gotta be high and mighty just for saying that? I know Koala personally and I know Coywolf personally. I don't feel like Koala has a high and mighty personality at all and I don't feel like Coywolf would take offense to such a statement either. To me it just comes off as a sign of respect.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Whoooaaa inception! The plot turns around to relate a story and a lesson to the original topic, ahah hell yeah

Lol you obviously don't know us very well then @roughdraft! I know a lot of folks on here tend to get cranky, but there's still some of us who can have relatively level discussions
oh nah, it wasn't my intention to paint the forum with a broad stroke

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
I guess I'm guilty of making the same backhanded comment towards Coywolf. Is it really backhanded though? Is it really a high horse issue? Or is it just one person being completely honest with another person about how they once felt about them and how they've changed their opinion? Coywolf and I used to butt heads a lot, now we don't. Why can't I talk about that? Why do I gotta be high and mighty just for saying that? I know Koala personally and I know Coywolf personally. I don't feel like Koala has a high and mighty personality at all and I don't feel like Coywolf would take offense to such a statement either. To me it just comes off as a sign of respect.
appreciate the counterpoint, and stimming my curiosity. could be different strokes or maybe i'm too sensitive

Not so much "assaulting people" as assaulting Nazis, Klan, Proud Boys, and other Fascist scum.

"Getting your revenge in first" is an old street phrase for it. When you advocate genocide, you forfeit any claim that you have a right to live, or to physical safety, let alone free speech.

To be clear, i think they have a right to speak freely, up until their teeth are smashed in with a bat, pipe, or other implement. And there certainly are forums that welcome folks like that, so their right to free speech is alive and well.

I think this place is sometimes a bit to quick to police speech, but this ain't one of those times.
Yeah I’m gonna come to the conclusion that ANTIFA is bad and you shouldn’t physically harm anybody because of their ideas. Let’s judge people through their actions.

If your platforms is viewed as one of violence people are going to think that you’re no better than the groups you oppose.

you shouldn’t physically harm anybody because of their ideas. Let’s judge people through their actions.
So, even though their "ideas" are "non-white folks, and LGBTQ folks, and Jews, and also Communists, and Anarchists, and Liberals should be killed", you have to wait for them to try to kill you before violence is OK?

We are getting pretty OT here, but by all means start a thread if you want to discuss this. I don't think most here will agree with you.

you have to wait for them to try to kill you before violence is OK?
I’m mean yeah. That’s how people generally self-defend. Until somebody attempts to do you harm, you don’t normally go about assaulting people because they could.

I’m lucky enough to live in an area where racism/anti-semitism/homophobia hate crimes aren’t common. So going and assaulting the bigots around town because of the things they say just makes me a criminal. Not some self proclaimed social justice warrior or whatever.

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com
I’m mean yeah. That’s how people generally self-defend. Until somebody attempts to do you harm, you don’t normally go about assaulting people because they could

THIS

Ultimately, I don't care about arguments of what these people *deserve*. What they deserve isn't necessarily what's productive. It can potentially be counterproductive.

I'm not advocating anyone go out and befriend kkk members, but that's what this dude did... And it worked. That counts for something.

How many people that get their teeth smashed in convert?

https://youtu.be/ORp3q1Oaez
w

I'm outa the convo at this point. I'm not gonna start a new thread, cause I don't think there's anything more I could say.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
"How can you hate me when you don't know me?" That was a really good TED talk sir. Reminds me of Dave Chappelles "Clayton BIgsby" Worlds Only Black White Sepremacist skit.

Whether Antifa is bad or not depends on your own personal view of extremism and politics. Antifa could very much take some lessons from this, because what may start out as good intentioned ideologies can soon become radical authoritarianism. Given the anarchic autonomy of the group, there is no democratic foundation for deciding who or what is ACTUALLY fascist.

I feel this echoed in the moderation habits on STP, everytime I see the banned red bar.

MFB

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
I never met any antifites and dont know much about antifa, (cool name doe) other than a few articles, interviews, and dumb shit on youtube. Apologies for stepping on anyone's toes; but from what I've seen the seem like bored kids playing war because they haven't found a purpose or what's important to them yet.

Do they do good shit for the community? Functions with a positive outcome? Or do they go out to get loud, start shit, and earn the obligatory "that one time I got pepper sprayed" story?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Didn't watch the video but I've seen other long in depth interviews with Daryl Davis. Interesting cat, I like his style.
I feel this echoed in the moderation habits on STP, everytime I see the banned red bar
Every time? Because I can rattle off a dozen just off the top of my head that we're 100% justified. I can also think of a couple where I wasn't 100% on either side of the fence. But we're never all going to see eye to eye on every single situation, so you gotta kinda just roll with the jury sometimes or we'll be hung on it forever.

I think most people here can put themselves in our shoes and understand we're really trying to keep the dumpster fires extinguished as best we can to maintain an inclusive environment for people of all types sans bigots/hate mongers.

The place we run into trouble is the inclusion of the word anarchist in our website description. Apparently that word means different things to different people. I personally don't feel it means some people just have to put up with other people's bullshit just because freedom of speech or whatever the fuck.

You can have that world in your own personal space in your own little world, fine by me. Hang around with all the bigots you want. I'm not gonna ban them from your life. But we kinda got a different thing going on here. This is not your own personal space. This is a place we all share together.

Trolls be trollin. Mods be working for free. We got a pretty simple set of rules. Don't be a dick. You get to be a dick twice and still hang around. Shit, you can be a dick twice every 6 months and hang around forever as the previous warnings roll off over time. I feel like 4 dick moves a year is pretty reasonable, but that's just me.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
Didn't watch the video but I've seen other long in depth interviews with Daryl Davis. Interesting cat, I like his style.

Every time? Because I can rattle off a dozen just off the top of my head that we're 100% justified. I can also think of a couple where I wasn't 100% on either side of the fence. But we're never all going to see eye to eye on every single situation, so you gotta kinda just roll with the jury sometimes or we'll be hung on it forever.

I think most people here can put themselves in our shoes and understand we're really trying to keep the dumpster fires extinguished as best we can to maintain an inclusive environment for people of all types sans bigots/hate mongers.

The place we run into trouble is the inclusion of the word anarchist in our website description. Apparently that word means different things to different people. I personally don't feel it means some people just have to put up with other people's bullshit just because freedom of speech or whatever the fuck.

You can have that world in your own personal space in your own little world, fine by me. Hang around with all the bigots you want. I'm not gonna ban them from your life. But we kinda got a different thing going on here. This is not your own personal space. This is a place we all share together.

Trolls be trollin. Mods be working for free. We got a pretty simple set of rules. Don't be a dick. You get to be a dick twice and still hang around. Shit, you can be a dick twice every 6 months and hang around forever as the previous warnings roll off over time. I feel like 4 dick moves a year is pretty reasonable, but that's just me.
Hells yeah! Food for thought for sure. Maybe I need to stop taking all this shit "so seriously".

D

Deleted member 25986

I deleted myself
@BrianC503 decided to out himself as an idiot that thinks antifa is a bad thing in several posts in this thread:

so I just want to make this abundantly clear. if you think trump "isn't that bad" or that antifa is a bad thing, or that free speech is for everyone, even those that would use it to take away yours, then YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

delete your accounts, walk out into the street, and ask someone to curb stomp your ass.

im tired of facists/bigots using 'free speech' arguments against the staff here. the views these people promote all share the end goal of taking away other people's freedom, and that's not something we're going to tolerate here.
Some of your zero tolerance needs to go to everyone that has a working brain... Just got hurt by a lot of people who support genocide because it's a form of "population control"...

Not on here but in Tennessee... It was pretty disturbing and distressing to say the least...

OTTERWOLF

Adult Dyslexic
StP Supporter
@Juan Derlust man I been down that road, and it's a bitter pill to swallow but once one realizes that, it really does help and it makes it better all the way around.
*Although, I want to add that more than once I've been duped into believing I'm being a part of something good that ended up being anything but... man, you just up and walk and that's it...
I am reminded of something that happened to me a year ago, maybe someday if the right post comes along I'll interject my experience which I had with a real pissed off traveler lecturing me about how I got it all wrong with how I am living....

OTTERWOLF

Adult Dyslexic
StP Supporter
ok, I'll try to be brief since this is off-topic, but at the same time - might not be.

A while back, two years maybe ?? I still had my rusted up white jeep on the road, which by this point was considered a dangerous vehicle.
My replacement Jeep was in the shop with transmission problems, so i had the white one - anyway,
I just finish up shopping for groceries and I'm loading up my jeep, and a traveler appears, with a dog.
Both appeared in good shape, and he came up to me - nice enough - trying to get a lay of the land, figure out where's a good place to set up camp, etc....
[This is taking place later in the afternoon, like a little before the afternoon rush begins]

So, it's like real easy going so far, he's asking me questions about places to camp - because he see's WILDLIFE MONITORING lettered on the side of my jeep, and I tell him the truth which is Connecticut is a bad choice for travelers, because between the cops and the surburbanites... travelers are not tollerated.

I kind of point him in the right direction, but not really - because honestly, what could I do !!
I tell him how in CT wildlife preserves are places where people are allowed to hunt, which makes me think this could have been very early spring or even late winter, but it was mild out none the less.

We speak - actually he speaks about how fucked the straight people are - those with 9 - 5 jobs, and there miserable existence, and I sort of seen that too, it was pathetic watching what was going on in the parking lot, and he starts getting a little more wound up while, I'm trying to load up my jeep with groceries - as I seem to think the passenger side door by this point would not open, the latch broke, and since it was being junked........

So, I see where this is going - and housing him and his dog is not an option, not that it ever was, but now it's because while he's telling me how free he is and how fucked I am, I'm sensing that somehow all of this is my fault.

Now - it's bad enough when someone comes up to me and is slowing me down from what I need to be doing [*believe me, I was and am very sympathetic to what he was saying regarding being tied to the system, etc.... and how he has none of those worries or anything...] by talking to me, but now I am sensing that I am about to be obligated to help this person out, and the next thing I know is:

"Can you get me out of Connecticut ??"

"NO"

He cursed me, said how fucked my way of living was and took off.

I sat in my jeep and felt genuine sorrow for him, because.... shit I know where I'm sleeping, but at the same time I saw his point about being free, literally living out of a backpack just him and his dog.

How much you want to bet he motherfucked me for a long time after that !!

You know, if someone is cool I'll help them out - but if someone's gonna tell me how fucked my way of being is, then they are on their own.

*Maybe this will serve some kind of purpose in this thread now....

Moral of the story: Never bite the hand that might feed ya, especially if hungry.

PS: I often wonder how he and his dog made out....................

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
ok, I'll try to be brief since this is off-topic, but at the same time - might not be.

A while back, two years maybe ?? I still had my rusted up white jeep on the road, which by this point was considered a dangerous vehicle.
My replacement Jeep was in the shop with transmission problems, so i had the white one - anyway,
I just finish up shopping for groceries and I'm loading up my jeep, and a traveler appears, with a dog.
Both appeared in good shape, and he came up to me - nice enough - trying to get a lay of the land, figure out where's a good place to set up camp, etc....
[This is taking place later in the afternoon, like a little before the afternoon rush begins]

So, it's like real easy going so far, he's asking me questions about places to camp - because he see's WILDLIFE MONITORING lettered on the side of my jeep, and I tell him the truth which is Connecticut is a bad choice for travelers, because between the cops and the surburbanites... travelers are not tollerated.

I kind of point him in the right direction, but not really - because honestly, what could I do !!
I tell him how in CT wildlife preserves are places where people are allowed to hunt, which makes me think this could have been very early spring or even late winter, but it was mild out none the less.

We speak - actually he speaks about how fucked the straight people are - those with 9 - 5 jobs, and there miserable existence, and I sort of seen that too, it was pathetic watching what was going on in the parking lot, and he starts getting a little more wound up while, I'm trying to load up my jeep with groceries - as I seem to think the passenger side door by this point would not open, the latch broke, and since it was being junked........

So, I see where this is going - and housing him and his dog is not an option, not that it ever was, but now it's because while he's telling me how free he is and how fucked I am, I'm sensing that somehow all of this is my fault.

Now - it's bad enough when someone comes up to me and is slowing me down from what I need to be doing [*believe me, I was and am very sympathetic to what he was saying regarding being tied to the system, etc.... and how he has none of those worries or anything...] by talking to me, but now I am sensing that I am about to be obligated to help this person out, and the next thing I know is:

"Can you get me out of Connecticut ??"

"NO"

He cursed me, said how fucked my way of living was and took off.

I sat in my jeep and felt genuine sorrow for him, because.... shit I know where I'm sleeping, but at the same time I saw his point about being free, literally living out of a backpack just him and his dog.

How much you want to bet he motherfucked me for a long time after that !!

You know, if someone is cool I'll help them out - but if someone's gonna tell me how fucked my way of being is, then they are on their own.

*Maybe this will serve some kind of purpose in this thread now....

Moral of the story: Never bite the hand that might feed ya, especially if hungry.

PS: I often wonder how he and his dog made out....................
Showing no respect, and the lack of being humble, to me, is a tell tale sign of someone I would not want to travel with. Anyone who feels they are 'entitled' to ANYTHING while traveling, have something ass-backward in their perception of their situation.

I remember once I was hitching the oregon coast, Florence I think. I was busking outside this grocery store in town, because I didnt know where else to go. I got ran off by some tweaker ass homebum who was yelling about "HIS SPOT!" And he "WORKED SO HARD" to get it. So I went to the "downtown" area. I started busking there in the middle of the day, it started pouring. There was no one. I swear to God I was the only person in town.

The rain lightens up and I see this group of kids come towards me from a store nearby. They were like 7, 8, 9 years old. They asked me to play a song, so I did. Trampled by Turtles. After I was done, they clapped and cheered, and the laid down a BIG ASS Mason jar of change in my guitar case.

I was like, 'no, no, you kids dont need to give me that, you probably worked so hard doing chores to get it'

The oldest one was like, 'No, you take it, our Parents told us you probably need it more than we do'

I was dumbfounded. That shit was amazing. (It was like $30) and then I was all...hey....HEY! WAIT A SECOND! YOU CALLIN' ME DESTITUTE?!?!

....and then I bought some 40s. The end.

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Banned wavesatdeer banned for being a drunken idiot then blaming the staff for it Den of the Banned 24

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Anybody watching the SpaceX launch today?
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.
Always sucks to see good ppl/new friends get back on that ironhorse after getting to hangout/know, be safe friends an stay in touch! @Koala @scutellaria, maxy, Henry an well. Wish I was enroute South with y'all!
I hate my fucking back. A combination of bank bullshit and now a strained or sprained back had kept me held up in Pennsylvania. Have a place to stay, but I'm pissed at life trying to keep me off the road!
Fuck it, I'm getting a bottle
Wheat2020 wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
I'mma cut to the chase: You don't call me what I consider to be a slur or insult, and I won't call you names.
You say I should love myself and have more self-confidence. You've got it all wrong. I love myself plenty, and I know for a fact that I am capable of doing incredible things, both good and evil.
You say fake it till you make it. I'm too honest for that. Instead I will have faith in myself, and act accordingly.
These new rules for the train riding forum are ridiculous. I've been on here for 5 ish years.
MFB wrote on Older Than Dirt's profile.
Just wanted to say you look waaay better in your new avatar pic. ;) You clean up nice!
Bent123 wrote on iamwhatiam's profile.
I read your story last month about working in Alaska. I got a job in Naknek this summer. Definitely can get how it felt like jail. I fear it's really going to feel that way with this virus. We can't go into town. I'm not very happy about that since it will limit my exploring. Yet I really need the opportunity right now. Anymore advice is much appreciated.

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Shadownick