Banned BrianC503 for idiotic alt-right statements (1 Viewer)

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@BrianC503 decided to out himself as an idiot that thinks antifa is a bad thing in several posts in this thread:

so I just want to make this abundantly clear. if you think trump "isn't that bad" or that antifa is a bad thing, or that free speech is for everyone, even those that would use it to take away yours, then YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

delete your accounts, walk out into the street, and ask someone to curb stomp your ass.

im tired of facists/bigots using 'free speech' arguments against the staff here. the views these people promote all share the end goal of taking away other people's freedom, and that's not something we're going to tolerate here.

Could not see that one coming. Knock me down with a feather.

What a Trump fan would see in this place anyway is beyond me.

And a mod decision to ban-hammer that i have no complaint whatever about. Maybe a little early, could have given him a bit more rope, but it was only a matter of time, so why bother. Good call.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya, good riddance. Another person who completely misread this website. I have absolutely no time to "argue" with trump supporters.

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Freedom is usually about traveling and adventure for the most part. But trolling other people is the opposite of freedom. Glad you took him out!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Trump is NOT racist, he's just himself - he's not a politician! That's what makes him so great! Can you give me ONE piece of evidence that shows he's racist?

jk glad you scrapped one fucknut from the board

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
As the admin I find this ultimatum statement strangely self-righteous and aggressive, curb stomp? Come on now this is very very low stakes online bickering. By banning people constantly, in a way aren't you slowing deleting your own website?

After 15 years of pondering I've decided I am an anarchist, yay! However, I don't think Trumps that bad, I'm not really into the antifa/PC stuff, and free speech is in fact for everyone, even the racists/bigots..so? Guess I gotta go.

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com
As the admin I find this ultimatum statement strangely self-righteous and aggressive, curb stomp? Come on now this is very very low stakes online bickering. By banning people constantly, in a way aren't you slowing deleting your own website?

After 15 years of pondering I've decided I am an anarchist, yay! However, I don't think Trumps that bad, I'm not really into the antifa/PC stuff, and free speech is in fact for everyone, even the racists/bigots..so? Guess I gotta go.
Free speach is for everyone, but that doesn't mean I wanna listen to everyone, or give them a platform.

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com

They can free speech elsewhere. If anyone wants to get involved in talking to people with backwards views who might be somewhat on the fence, and who with an honest conversation might actually teach both people something new, by all means do that! That is something that's lacking. I totally agree. But it's likelihood of happening on the internet between people who've never met in real life is super unlikely.
There's this thing called trolls. They kinda make the net a shitty place to have those types of conversations. And there's a degree to which I'm not willing to give my time to someone that could very likely be a troll.

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com

I'm totally not 100% on board with pc, sjw's politics, new leftists, etc.
I lost a friend over politics, and they were reading *so much* into what I was saying, and arguing against things I never brought up, but as if I'd said them. So I get it.

Trump isn't so bad, he's just a greedy baby that's unfit for office. He's got mexicans locked up, and he's more concerned about the economy than the pandemic.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Website
www.ebay.com
They can free speech elsewhere. If anyone wants to get involved in talking to people with backwards views who might be somewhat on the fence, and who with an honest conversation might actually teach both people something new, by all means do that! That is something that's lacking. I totally agree. But it's likelihood of happening on the internet between people who've never met in real life is super unlikely.
There's this thing called trolls. They kinda make the net a shitty place to have those types of conversations. And there's a degree to which I'm not willing to give my time to someone that could very likely be a troll.
Ahhh yes, trolls...! I always forget about that. I try my best to use the internet as a TOOL, not a means to pester others.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
By banning people constantly, in a way aren't you slowing deleting your own website?
Not really. If you think about it, the internet, and those willing to participate in certain aspects of it, is (seemingly) infinite.

Just as @trashswag86 stated, different forums choose what kind of platform they represent, and in turn, what type of 'member' they attract. As I have said in the other banned posts, if anyone completely disagrees with what we stand for here (concerning anti-fascism, or a platform against bigotry) they are more than welcome to find another forum. There are others out there, if anyone chooses to leave on their own accord, that is their choice.

But when we constantly have to explain ourselves, usually to people who know the rules here, and know the Staff's stance, we have to ask people, "Yo, you know this, and you keep pushing us to change. You saw the rules, you knew our stance, you have seen our actions based off them. Why do you think we are going to change our stance because of your specific beef?"

First of all. Trump is bad. Trump is a bad person, and I know all yall know that. Dont water that down.

Secondly, not everyone on here is ANTIFA. That doesnt mean we arent anti-fascist. Adopting a label is trouble. It associates you with the actions of a said group.

Not everyone here is a social justice warrior either. That is a discussion *people choose enter into* if you *choose to enter* into those discussions, be prepared to have severe disagreements. I still cannot understand why some of these banned users haven't figured that out.

If you feel like a discussion is a hot button issue, and you choose to enter into it, be prepared to defend your stance. And if you cant and/or others are outnumbering you related to your opinion, say 'goodnight' and exit the convo.

Spewing a whole bunch of "Yall dumb. Cant even see the other side of the arguement" stuff is ridiculous after that point. If you have logical, informed opinions, by all means, share them. But dont get mad if people disagree with you.

Can somebody explain to me how antifa isn’t bad? I’ve only heard about them going out and assaulting people for disagreeing with them.

Can somebody explain to me how antifa isn’t bad? I’ve only heard about them going out and assaulting people for disagreeing with them.
Not so much "assaulting people" as assaulting Nazis, Klan, Proud Boys, and other Fascist scum.

"Getting your revenge in first" is an old street phrase for it. When you advocate genocide, you forfeit any claim that you have a right to live, or to physical safety, let alone free speech.

To be clear, i think they have a right to speak freely, up until their teeth are smashed in with a bat, pipe, or other implement. And there certainly are forums that welcome folks like that, so their right to free speech is alive and well.

I think this place is sometimes a bit to quick to police speech, but this ain't one of those times.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Wow, I lose more respect for people on here every day.

I have a lot of anger right now.

Trump isn't so bad
I don't think Trumps that bad,
I've listened to this shit for YEARS with Trump's complete lack of respect for women, which has infuriated me beyond belief, but there is never any use arguing with people about that because they likely, too think it's okay to objectify, harass, catcall, and grab people by their genitals.

But now, WHAT!? Not that bad, Ignoring how bad COVID was in Italy, Spain, and China? Ignoring what health professionals and doctors are saying? Literally spewing misinformation saying people should take drugs that are not proven to help COVID, have terrible side effects, and are taking meds away from people who have preexisting conditions?! Are y'all fucking serious right now?

Anyway, back to the thread....

Glad BrianC is gone, definitely trying to get involved in fun discord chats now that I'm quarantined and he was making it a shitshow.

Also @Coywolf, dude, you're spot on again. Thanks for keeping a level head and metamorphosing into a beautiful, well-articulated, mod butterfly. A few years ago, I couldn't stand you but you've really come a long way, dude. I mean this in the best way possible.

trashswag86

Rambler
Website
www.instagram.com
To be clear, i think they have a right to speak freely, up until their teeth are smashed in with a bat, pipe, or other implement.
Um... That's not advocating free speech...
If that's what antifa is, I'm not down.
I think it's possible for some of these people to change, and this method is backwards as far as bringing that about.
I haven't seen it, but there's this documentary of this black musician who has over the years befriended kkk members, and they've literally given him their robes. He didn't confront them directly. He became their friend, and they stepped down from the kkk. Kinda boggles the mind, but it happened.

Unnecessary fighting is only gonna give those people more of a group identity, which is what that stuff is mainly about. It's super counterproductive.

If that's what antifa is, then honestly I'm gonna say that they're one of the enemies when it comes to ending fascism.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
@Coywolf, dude, you're spot on again. Thanks for keeping a level head and metamorphosing into a beautiful, well-articulated, mod butterfly. A few years ago, I couldn't stand you but you've really come a long way, dude. I mean this in the best way possible.
whoa, what would be the good in ending this post full of true points that probably most of the forum agrees with - and these points which are especially important to you - with a backhanded compliment of this sort? I mean, it's got nothing to do with me, but, you want it to be meant "in the best way possible"? yet i feel like this comes across as pretty nasty, loaded with this high and mighty attitude, as if *your* judgement over the guy a few years ago vs. now means something? i'm not tryin to hate on you but that sounds pretty shot to hell and unnecessary. wouldn't it be firm enough just to say you appreciated what the guy had to say?

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
I was being sarcastic. I thought that came through since I immediately followed my "Trump isn't so bad" statement with examples of why he sucks.
Oh, okay. I misinterpreted it then, thought you were making a small list of things that are bad but still thought he wasn't "that bad". Hard to read sarcasm through the internet.

whoa, what would be the good in ending this post full of true points that probably most of the forum agrees with - and these points which are especially important to you - with a backhanded compliment of this sort? I mean, it's got nothing to do with me, but, you want it to be meant "in the best way possible"? yet i feel like this comes across as pretty nasty, loaded with this high and mighty attitude, as if *your* judgement over the guy a few years ago vs. now means something? i'm not tryin to hate on you but that sounds pretty shot to hell and unnecessary. wouldn't it be firm enough just to say you appreciated what the guy had to say?
I dunno, I know Coywolf in real life so I'm not just judging him from afar or something. It's something I've been noticing, that he's changed a lot and has been hitting the nail on the head while generally staying calm on the forum. I didn't mean to make it sound high and mighty or rude, I was just being real, lol. I definitely didn't think fully before posting, I've been pretty riled up lately with no filter.

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Banned wavesatdeer banned for being a drunken idiot then blaming the staff for it Den of the Banned 24

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Weekly voice chat is in 30 mins in our discord, come conversate with us using your vocal cords
Coronavirus, Murder hornets, race riots...level 6 jumanji starts tonight
Well spanged up enough for a greyhound dipping this thursday thx! For the help!
My account finally says "Hobo"
No one can tell me I didn't earn my skank
Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.
Always sucks to see good ppl/new friends get back on that ironhorse after getting to hangout/know, be safe friends an stay in touch! @Koala @scutellaria, maxy, Henry an well. Wish I was enroute South with y'all!
I hate my fucking back. A combination of bank bullshit and now a strained or sprained back had kept me held up in Pennsylvania. Have a place to stay, but I'm pissed at life trying to keep me off the road!
Fuck it, I'm getting a bottle
Wheat2020 wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
I'mma cut to the chase: You don't call me what I consider to be a slur or insult, and I won't call you names.
You say I should love myself and have more self-confidence. You've got it all wrong. I love myself plenty, and I know for a fact that I am capable of doing incredible things, both good and evil.
You say fake it till you make it. I'm too honest for that. Instead I will have faith in myself, and act accordingly.

Staff online

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
thetreeon02