borders... transatlantic sail

lilylove

Reaction score
Hey there folks,

Its been a while since i hung around these parts, been in europe so kind of out of touch. But maybe you guys can help me...

I have found crew sailing from italy to florida, leaving in about 3 weeks. Its been planned for about two months, and ive been trying to apply for a visa to the US. (because i boycott planes i dont get the 'visa waiver program' and need to have a visa if arriving by boat)
Well, applied twice and failed twice. Had a bunch of money put into my account, even organised a boat to sail me out of the us in OCT. but none of it was enough, because im officially a traveler, and have 'no real ties' like job to come back to, study, kids etc...

Anyway, so I can still sail with the crew and either get dropped in the caribbean and hangout there and mexico... or go with him till florida and just skip immigration. Kind of dont feel like being there illegally...the chances of police catching up with me at some point or another are kind of high...

But yeah, i guess im just wondering what i should do (any ideas on getting in legally some OTHER way?), and also just bitch about the whole system. :) If anyone has any inspiration about the bahamas/caribbean that would be great too :)

cheers!

Dmac

Reaction score
good luck, to you. what type of crew will you be sailing with? just wondering.

sweet potatoe

Reaction score
i think i can post links now, but maybe any of this could help?
The Anarchist Yacht Clubb: Hold Fast
or just the blue anarchy website is super educational if you cant download that movie
but pretty much its this dude an 3 girls who sailed from florida to the bahamas. an yeah its totally possible though an super fuckin inspiratonal
i hope all goes well with this venture of yours,

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads