Boosting: To steal and sell for profit (home depot)

rick smith

Lurker
Current Location
Long Beach, CA
Website
www.facebook.com
I think all the basics were covered in this forum, IE- dumpstering receipts, stealing the item, and returning it for the cash.. etc, etc...but I don't think I saw any topics about boosting from home depot. Before I get started I would like to make a couple things clear,
1. I have no experience with this hustle anywhere but California
2. In LA, I've heard that, if caught stealing from home depot instead of just getting charged with petty theft, you will get charged with commercial burglary in an effort to stop people from boosting from home depot.
Ive always managed to fuel the abuse of my current substance of choice, through various forms of begging. My favorite one being the good ol' making your girlfriend fly a sign while you sleep under a shade tree. But i used to return for my buddy who would make a thousand dollars a night at times.
Why home depot is the best, is:
1. theres lots of small items worth over a hundred dollars
2. No receipt required to return, the catch is they wont give you cash, instead theyll give you a card equal to the amount returned in store credit, and all you need is an I.d
few things to remember to help ensure you not having to experience incarceration:
1.if in LA I would recommend getting a ride to Orange County, to boost, and alott've times in areas frequently stolen and returned at, they wont let you return your shit.
2. dont return yourself
3. alott've times they will ask how long ago you got the item, I would say "I did a job about 3 months ago and just found the stuff in my garage", Next they'll ask you the location you purchased the items from(its been a while so im kind've fuzzy) but I think you have to say at there location, and why you say 3 months+ ago is they will search the system for the sale....

Anywhoo good luck, dont use tweekers as accomplices, infact dont engage tweakers in your daily life in any form and the amphetamines should only be given to 10 yr olds who cant stay focused.
**If you are in LA and need help gettin rid of the cards hit me up on facebook www.facebook.com/giverickmoney , and after I determine you arent tryin to phonesex me up ill shoot you my # **

wokofshame

Vagabond
Current Location
novosivirsk, russia
Website
www.weather.gov
I used to work at a THD and it's like most big box stores, every aisle is completely covered by cameras, loss prevention sits in a back room at unpredictable hours and watches the monitors. At my store the LPI was a former state trooper.
More than a few people can and do make a living this way but I sure as heck don't. If you come back to a store more than once you're rolling the dice.
As a matter of fact, you sound like a cop. Or maybe an LPI, who works at a store in Orange County, wanting more action, thinking he's really smart and deciding to post up on some radical forum "whooo heres how to get us".
Hoping to draw people in for entertainment. Fuck off

OP
rick smith

rick smith

Lurker
Current Location
Long Beach, CA
Website
www.facebook.com
rick smith said:
Ive always managed to fuel the abuse of my current substance of choice, through various forms of begging. My favorite one being the good ol' making your girlfriend fly a sign while you sleep under a shade tree.
Boy, that doesn't make you sound like a scumbag at all.
If you were my wife, after that comment. You would be denied, the pleasure of giving me a B.J. that night. But, if you think that's bad, i'll have you know, when my dog gets hungry i beat his nut-sack with my belt-buckle until hes full.

As a matter of fact, you sound like a cop. Or maybe an LPI, who works at a store in Orange County, wanting more action, thinking he's really smart and deciding to post up on some radical forum "whooo heres how to get us".
Hoping to draw people in for entertainment. Fuck off
Carmen Sandiego has once again, cracked the case...
humor aside,that's no way to talk to an officer of the law! I now have no choice but to trace your phone number and give your mother a stern talking to about your apparent disrespect for L.E.O's. Im sure when she finds out you weren't at youth group at 5:00 p.m. on a Wednesday. Its safe to say your Over-all allowance will be cut-off.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
If you were my wife, after that comment. You would be denied, the pleasure of giving me a B.J. that night. But, if you think that's bad, i'll have you know, when my dog gets hungry i beat his nut-sack with my belt-buckle until hes full.
I know you're joking, but I don't find that statement to be particularly humorous. Warning given.

Reactions: notlateforsuppa

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Loving life and family
A digi-nomad's life for me?
Met a super sweet old traveler girl yesterday been off the road 6 months. So stoked on life right now
Amtrak crew change. Hiding from the bull
Got a new bicycle today! I feel so much better
Hitched from Ft. Collins, CO to Laramie, WY in three rides and an hour and a half. Today’s a good day.
Ahh. Camping out next to the Interstate in the NM desert. With Cinnabons, a giant Coke, and $20 kicked down to me today. I got 4 rides which got me 100 miles. And they were all amazing people... one guy gave me a business card which was about spreading love and that was so fucking positive. Then I got picked up by a really old Mexican couple. I am still so homesick, yet so happy and exhilarated
Reacquainting myself with STP after a stupid long time. Bare with me as I post in the wrong places and suck at pretty much everything here
Looks like my departure is pencilled for the 29th of April. Later then I wanted but still gives me a week of hitching to get to a place to work for the winter and a bit more time to pack and sell stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
DirtyFamily