Books vs. Digital Information - specific resources

MetalBryan

Reaction score
I love physical books and I love physically writing. Here's three books (with plenty of space for my own note taking) in my pack that I feel are more or less "necessary" but I'd really love to see a discussion about your favorite books vs. their digital counterparts. Having everything contained in a smart phone or tablet is incredibly convenient and this item is useful for other applications, but that puts a lot of expectations on one single piece of expensive gear.

1. Daily planner that includes a calendar vs. Smart Phone notepad & Google Calendar

2. Rand McNally Compact Road Atlas vs. Assisted GPS (+/- cellular signal)

3. The Wright Guide to Free and Low-cost Campgrounds vs. freecampsites.net

Groundscore

Reaction score
Anything that you consider to be essential (within reason) you should have a physical copy of, just in case the 'net goes down where you are, no service, broken device, etc. Something such as maps are extremely valuable and handy to have on hand, as compared to recreational reading, which could be anything of interest, and there isn't any reason that couldn't be an ebook.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads