Body found near Keenesburg, CO

severegout

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
WELD COUNTY - Deputies say a young man's body was found on a set of railroad tracks on Thursday morning, about two miles east of Keenesburg.

The Weld County Sheriff's Office says the body was found around 10 a.m., and it appears the man was hit by a train. They say it looks like the body had been there for about 12 hours.

Deputies found identification on the man, but the coroner will work to determine if the ID matches the body.

A Colorado State University Spokeswoman says the man was a student at CSU and a member of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.

Investigators say they are working with police in Denver to see if the body matches any missing person reports.

Deputies say they have "no reason to believe" the death was a suicide.

severegout

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
WELD COUNTY - After a day filled with questions surrounding the death of Colorado State University student Devon Arnold, investigators have few answers as to how the 22-year-old was found dead Thursday morning on some railroad tracks near Keenesburg.

The Weld County Sheriff's Office says Arnold's body was found around 10 a.m., and it appears Arnold was hit by a train. Investigators say it looks like Arnold's body had been there for about 12 hours.

Arnold was a senior mechanical engineering student at CSU and a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

According to Wes Smiley, a spokesman for the fraternity, Arnold had been consuming alcohol while in Denver for a Denver Nuggets game at the Pepsi Center. At some point, Smiley says Arnold was asked to leave the Pepsi Center.

It is at that point Martinez says it is possible an intoxicated Arnold went to a rail yard in close proximity to the Pepsi Center and jumped aboard a train, Weld County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Margie Martinez said.

"We don't suspect any foul play at this point in time. We have no reason to think or believe that it's a suicide," Martinez said.

Arnold's name was listed as a missing person Thursday by Denver Police.

Because there are no witnesses, Martinez says it will be difficult to determine how Arnold got from Denver to the location where his body was found about two miles east of Keenesburg.

"We're just trying to logically think about how could an individual get from point A to point B. Certainly he could have walked out there, but that is probably not as likely (as the theory that he was aboard a train)," Martinez said.

Smiley says most of the ATO fraternity members were not drinking at the Pepsi Center and that it is his understanding that the behavior exhibited by Arnold was out of character.

"It's all so mysterious," Smiley said. "And it's my understanding that this behavior would have been so out of character. I'm not aware of any confrontation that night."

CSU spokeswoman Dell Rae Mollenberg says Arnold had been enrolled at CSU since 2006 and is from Centennial.

"Devon's death is a tragic event that saddens many in the university community," Mollenberg said. "We extend our deepest condolences to his family and friends for their loss."
Smiley says Arnold's fraternity brothers spent much of the day Friday together trying to grasp the situation. He said the university community has been very supportive.

"They're most appreciative of the outreach of the campus community," Smiley said. "The chapter has Devon's family in their prayers."

CanoeTramp

Reaction score

JahDucky

Reaction score
Deaths like these make me wanna cry....they are someones kids. So sad

RIP Dev and my condolences to the family.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads