Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Current Location
O CANADA
Anyone ever had a BOB yak or a BOB Ibex before? I'm going to be bike touring with my bae and my 10-lbs ball of fluff that someone decided is a dog.

I've found a couple used ones on Craigslist for a decent price. I really want the Ibex instead of the Yak because, at 10-lbs, he's very easy to launch. So the shocks would really help ease my fear about him falling off.

Actually, anyone here ever bike tour with a pup in general?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
There are some interesting ones out there - but as to the travel criteria - how long, distance, hills, busy or quiet roads/trails?
Long = how much stuff you carry
Distance = see above
Hills = how much don't you want ;)

Saw some small dog trailers on 2 wheels (would not do one - for the tippy thing) and people had their stuff in front and back panniers. Cool looking side car doggy "trailer" but I don't know as I would want your little cutie pie out in the open - trail maybe.

I actually not know of any of my long distance friends who have traveled with pets on a trailer - I see some makeshift ones in the city with the dogs with sunglasses on riding either in a milk crate strapped to front of bike or a rehabbed child trailer/cart in the back of the bike. Some looked quite heavy to pull.

I thought this interesting - could probably put stuff in or on top of trailer - plus add front panniers - but both front/back panniers packed out lightly. Ohh the ideas --- and it sounds like fun!!

68b0a5ef1be37581c2aa382851de3763-jpg.41936_BOB IBEX_Bike Touring_Squat the Planet_4:25 PM

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
I have no experience with these trailer do hickey things. But i suggest making sure to double check for any cracks in the frame expecially any welded joints.

Reactions: 1 person

flaggit

Lurker
Current Location
Corona, United States
I have a Bob, Burley Cargo, Burley Bee and Burley two kid. I recommend a child trailer for the stability it will give your dog. The Bob's are tippy for animals leading to freakouts for both you and the dog.