Bloomington, In. punk houses?

iHaveRabiez

Reaction score
So after hearing the name Abby Banks mentioned in a Ramshackle Glory song, I googled the name and came across the book titled Punk House. Living/owning a punk house has always been a dream of mine. After ordering it at the local Barnes n Nobles, I found myself stuck gazing at the photos for nearly 2 hours today. I was thrilled as I flipped through the pictures taken in Bloomington. I wasn't aware of any punk houses so near to me. My question is, does anyone know if any are still active in the area? I live about 2 hours away from Bloomington and having only been there a few times for shows, I don't really know the area, not to mention, the people. I've been wicked interested in traveling since I was like 16, but haven't seemed to leave my rut yet. I'm hoping to find myself in a house with some like-wise minded people in the very near future, as I'm tired of living the everyday, same bullshit lifestyle I've seemed to become accustomed to over the past 5 or so years (which makes me sick and utterly dissapointed). What I'm hoping to do is move in for awhile, land a job, meet some cool people, gain some knowledge and most importantly live free. It would also be cool to meet a roaddawg down for some major traveling before hitting the West coast sometime after winter. Gladly willing to pay rent/help around the house/do chores, etc.. plus I got mean cooking skillzzz. If anyone has any information, questions or tips for me it would most deffinently be appreciated.

K

kokomojoe

I live like an hour away from there. I had no clue there were any punk houses down there. If you find out there still are I'm definitely gonna check it out.

soapybum

Reaction score
I'd just go to Boxcar Books and ask around there? I know there's a bunch of community houses etc like Fort Vegan but I don't think any of them are actually squatted. Bloomington is a nice lil town but its also political blackhole.

Reactions: iHaveRabiez

iHaveRabiez

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been meaning to check out Boxcar. I heard it's a neat lil' place, and they're always sending me invitations to different events on Facebook. I'll definitely have to make that trip soon. Thanks for all the help man.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads