Blackbird Raum | Squat the Planet

Blackbird Raum

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
most likely my most favorite band of all time. i first met them in sf when they opened up for leftover crack at thee park side, i was playing my guitar trying to make money for a ticket, and cj (their banjo player) saw me putting me of the guest list. after that i've seen them a few more times in portland, and santa cruz, and played a show with them in ashland. great guys and gals. if you haven't heard them yet, you should.

Myspace
Website

bote

Reaction score
I saw them in Tucson, behind a bank in the streetlights. It was a very memorable and good show, the local circle K ran out of forties (that's a memorable part, not a good one)

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I saw them in Tucson, behind a bank in the streetlights. It was a very memorable and good show, the local circle K ran out of forties (that's a memorable part, not a good one)

speaking of stores running out of booze, i think we bought out safeway for chillable red the night i played with them in ashland. it was a house show, but there had to been 150 kids there crammed in the living room, the kitchen, kids hanging off the staircase, and kids passed out on the lawn. if was one hell of a night, but my fender acoustic was stolen. i left it on the front porch while i grabbed a beer, and someone ran off with it. fucktards!

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I've seen them a few times on the west coast and they are definitely worth hearin'. I highly recommend going to hear them play if your going to be near someplace that their playing.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
They're releasing a new album really soon. They are indeed great.
The banjoing abilities are particularly impressive in some songs.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
yeah i just order the new cd, along with some patches and shit. i can't wait to hear it. too bad i couldn't make it to the release. i'm up in alaska for awhile... so i'm missing out on some shows, but they are playing the trapper creek music and art festival next augest about 100 miles south of fairbanks.

littleRabbit

Reaction score
haha wow I remember meeting Zack and Caspian when I was like 17, albeit briefly. nice guys. didn't hear Blackbird Raum til like a month afterwards. awesome shit.

Alaska

Reaction score
yeah i just order the new cd, along with some patches and shit. i can't wait to hear it. too bad i couldn't make it to the release. i'm up in alaska for awhile... so i'm missing out on some shows, but they are playing the trapper creek music and art festival next augest about 100 miles south of fairbanks.

That's awesome, but that long from now? :( Never any good shows here, man.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
yeah i remember once as a kid sneaking into a bar to see the violent femmes, but getting kicked out after 10 minutes. i think that's the only show i've been to here in alaska. nothing goes on here, i guess tech nine is playing pretty soon, but fuck that noise. lol

Alaska

Reaction score
I was in a local grindviolence band around there with some old friends of mine. We played a few warehouse gigs with Turbid North before they headed to Texas. I was like, 15 at the time. "Flesh Garden". Haha.

cailyBear

Reaction score
I am currently listening to Blackbird Raum, I get online, open up this website and see this post, I am over joyed :D I saw them play In seattle at Folk Life Festival, I had to buy one of their cds and I'm enthralled! Absolutely fantastic. I'm glad they're appreciated by you all too :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads