black powder revolver? | Squat the Planet

black powder revolver?

The Hiker

Reaction score
I just found out black powder revolvers - real old replica six shot ones with lead balls not bullets - can be mail ordered. Mostly I just want one cause it's so fucking awesome but is it a bad idea to carry a gun like this on the road?

Dmac

Reaction score
I own several, they are fun to shoot, but kind of a pain in the ass to keep clean. And cops will still fuck with you, so I wouldn’t carry one with me.

Reactions: RoadFlower33

Chazten

Reaction score
Get your concealed license, some states have reciprocity in 30+ other states, and when your in a non reciprocal state just take the clip and ammo out and leave it in your pack or open carry if you have the balls. Actual compact semi auto pistols can be bought for 100$ all day, would be much more effective and accurate than lead balls and gunpowder

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
Unnecessary on the road (imo), your wits and instinct will get you farther. Especially compared to the cop aspect.

Never had a need for that. Unless you're on the hunting aspect, but even still...seems more of a hassle than anything.

Sounds like a sweet gun tho. I thoroughly enjoy firearms grew up with them forever

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
They are fun. Practical they are not. Alot of practice is required to pack your shots even everytime. Keeping a ball and powder loaded brings even more risk. If it becomes unpacked and the ball loosens and you try to fire it it makes a good bomb not gun. Then you need powder balls wads cleaning kit with rod you will need a dealer to unjam the fucker too... not practical.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Deballer*

D

Deleted member 21429

For the road look up the Pocket Shot. Cheap and effective for killing small game, easy to carry, easy to use. Basically a modern sling shot. ~ peace

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
close range hunting and self defense probably, that's part of why I'm asking, how useful/practical are guns on the road or on the rails?

If you're doing some (long-ish-term?) camping in the woods, I would recommend trying to get your hands on one of these:

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/u-s-survival-ar-7/

It has excellent reviews, and my favorite part is that it easily breaks completely down and stores inside it's own stock, which also floats.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads