Photos Black Mesa Research Facility

Haxsys

Wayfarer
Current Location
Los Angeles
More soon. I only got to explore, I estimate , 20% of this phenomena before I got tired.

Had to walk something like 2.5 miles in a dark, water logged, sludge up to your knees tunnel to get in.

It’s hard to describe the feeling, as you perspective changes.

For a couple of miles we were in a tunnel, that I presumed was either encased in concrete or mud.

We climb up a manhole and suddenly this seemingly giant tunnel is suddenly dwarfed as you realize you and the tunnel are suspended 68 feet in the air, in a giant man made cavern.

We had to jimmy across this slippery, dust covered tunnel, above it, with a concrete pit almost seventy feet below.

Sort of a life affirming moment.

I cannot getenough of this place.

Current Location
St. Paul, Mn
More soon. I only got to explore, I estimate , 20% of this phenomena before I got tired.

Had to walk something like 2.5 miles in a dark, water logged, sludge up to your knees tunnel to get in.

It’s hard to describe the feeling, as you perspective changes.

For a couple of miles we were in a tunnel, that I presumed was either encased in concrete or mud.

We climb up a manhole and suddenly this seemingly giant tunnel is suddenly dwarfed as you realize you and the tunnel are suspended 68 feet in the air, in a giant man made cavern.

We had to jimmy across this slippery, dust covered tunnel, above it, with a concrete pit almost seventy feet below.

Sort of a life affirming moment.

I cannot getenough of this place.
Very Cool!

Haxsys

Wayfarer
Current Location
Los Angeles
Exploring infrastructure is mad fun.

Get to see the city working from within.

There is a certain peace to be found within the semi organic semi mechanic ambience within the chambers under neath these big cities.

What I find particularly interesting is the amount of unused space we have in these cities, that are so easy to access, yet it always seem it’s been years since anyone else has been there.

I would like to make some the safer locations that aren’t at risk of being damaged more acessible to people like you folks.

I have some maps if anyone is interested.