Bitches looking for hitches | Squat the Planet

Bitches looking for hitches

saaage

Reaction score
Hey there, I’m Sage, a free spirit stuck in the closed-minded state of Tennessee. I have dreams bigger than what I can accomplish here, and a longing for something greater than this. I’m wanting to go from Nashville to North Las Vegas along with a buddy of mine. We’re 420 friendly, musicians, and good pals to travel alongside. Hmu for more info, any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard to STP!!! You're in the right place! There's plenty of information and help here and fun like minded people!

Reactions: saaage

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
come party with us at the jambo!

Django

Reaction score
Use hitchwiki in order to find good spots, read some tips about clothing, signs and ways to hitchhike, and hit the road! It's not that hard. Don't waste your time and money on all these share ride's. Especially as a female, you shouldn't have problems Hitchhiking. Just common sense.
700 miles a day is very doable, you will see how fast you can cover distance, hitchhiking with the right ride's (not only trucks).

saaage

Reaction score
Use hitchwiki in order to find good spots, read some tips about clothing, signs and ways to hitchhike, and hit the road! It's not that hard. Don't waste your time and money on all these share ride's. Especially as a female, you shouldn't have problems Hitchhiking. Just common sense.
700 miles a day is very doable, you will see how fast you can cover distance, hitchhiking with the right ride's (not only trucks).
I only worry about how safe I could be hitchhiking. I guess I’ve heard too many horror stories on women getting murdered, raped, etc. Not to mention, Nashville has a big sex trafficking problem...

otch0z

Reaction score

Unfortunately, females get rides easily for a reason. @saaage, you're right about being worried about your safety. However, if you're traveling with someone else you should be okay. I try avoiding hitching by myself but I really enjoy doing it if I'm with a friend. Here are my thoughts about it :

- If you're traveling with another female you'll get rides easily, meaning that more people will be willing to pick you up, so probably okay people because shady people are lesser (otherwise the world would be much more of a mess. most people are actually nice).
-If you're traveling with a male you guys look like a couple (yes it is an heteronormative society, let's surf this wave), which can come in handy when you don't wanna get hit on by the driver.s.
-I won't cover the "if you travel with a non-binary person" because I don't have enough experience. However, I would say it is more dangerous because non-binary people get more hate than cis people for reasons cited above.

I did quite a bit of hitchiking with a female friend of mine. We had one problematic situation but never felt in danger for real. There are many horror stories about females hitchiking but most of the time people are nice, they're looking out for you and what can be scary is how they drive, not really their personal behaviour.

The USA is big but I think that as a white female it's relatively safe. There are lots of tips about hitchiking on the forum, maybe read those, they will help getting a picture.

That being said, if you don't feel it, don't do it. Just know that lots of people in your situation have done it, so you should be capable of doing it too. (plus it's actually fun !)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads