bike trip through florida next month (1 Viewer)

MxEx

Lurker
Heading from North Florida south possibly all the way to Keys, probably ride down the east coast but haven't decided actual routes or destinations yet, but plan to leave around feb 16th. If anybody else wants to join, company may be enjoyed and if anyone is posted up somewhere cool in the state and wants to kick it let me know.

-mitch

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
I'd be down to hang if your going down the coast. I'm in Ormond beach /Holly Hill. I might even ride a ways south with you if work isn't to crazy by that time.

I'm not sure about the Jacksonville to St Augustine leg but from St Augustine to Ormond (on Hwy 1) they recently put in a sidewalk just about the whole way with benches and trash cans every half mile or so. It's weird because there's nothing out there for miles. Handy tho. I've trekked up there on my whip a few times.

OP
MxEx

MxEx

Lurker
as
us1/alt a1a will basically take you down the entire east coast of florida with varying degrees of civilization along the way. any particular reason for wanting to goto the keys?
far as making it to the keys no not really just figure it's a hell of a destination but not completely set on going the whole way. but yea A!A is the best routes for going south 25mph tail wind out there today. do kinda want to ride through the forest I know that damn hippie gathering might be going on really I just want to see the state even though I been almost everywhere in it I still usually travel north in order not to retrace my steps cause fl dead ends south but I do thinkit'd be cool to camp in the winter in the keys. but i'd be down for some springs but I figure I can hit those on the way back....and get this! there is a ferry from key west to Sarasota or ft myers or something like that so might just use that for a portion north then cut back up cross cross state toward jax again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomahawk 1987 bike trip Travel Stories 0
R Bike trip wooooo! Introductions 1
streetrat how my bike trip ended a month sooner than expected Travel Stories 4
L 1500 mile bike trip! Other Forms of Travel 3
upthepunx187 bike trip Other Forms of Travel 0
upthepunx187 bike trip to nowhere Other Forms of Travel 3
Kai87B Tulsa Hub Earn a bike program Bike Touring 2
texastraveler locking bikes up in the slabs? General Banter 9
superphoenix Hopped on my bike, went 3,360 miles Bike Touring 12
texastraveler anyone ever rode with a bike? Train Hopping 6
highwayman Ebike touring anyone? Bike Touring 11
Dunedrifter Bike Traveler Jamboree? Bike Touring 23
Omightydarkone Across America bike trail Bike Touring 6
Matt Derrick If you had to live on a bike the rest of your life? Bike Touring 50
Tommythecat Bike touring as a beginer Bike Touring 16
ResistMuchObeyLittle Bike touring Mexico Bike Touring 1
D Average daily distance with loaded touring bike Bike Touring 41
BikePunky Featured FIRST EVER BIKE TOUR (PICS) Bike Touring 21
D 2019 Bike tour ideas Bike Touring 16
pcflvly Bikecore Nomadics 2018 Jamboree 2
thegrapsman Gas bikes in Cali? Bike Touring 9
Django New bike tourer in town Bike Touring 10
C N.E. Bike Touring, Charging Locations and Camping Locations. Bike Touring 0
ResistMuchObeyLittle News & Blogs Man Bikes Around the World With $2 in Pocket Bike Touring 10
ResistMuchObeyLittle The Impossible task of finding a bike touring partner! Bike Touring 15
ResistMuchObeyLittle Bike touring in the UP Bike Touring 5
KinowaGear Bike touring Eastern Canada - Quebec Gaspésie Bike Touring 2
ResistMuchObeyLittle Video Great Bike Touring Videos Bike Touring 2
unrulywaunder Folding BIke Touring Bike Touring 12
pcflvly Are you bikecore? Bike Touring 11
D how i got my touring bike Travel Stories 2
ResistMuchObeyLittle Budget gear for a bike tour Bike Touring 19
Timothy Englert Photos Great Air Matress for Bike Camping Bike Touring 10
Rosegarden Hello all, soon to travel by bike Introductions 1
S Bikes on unused rails Bike Touring 14
D That bike diesel mate? Other Forms of Travel 2
thegrapsman Solar electric bike? Bike Touring 6
thegrapsman Video Lightweight Bike Camper Bike Touring 5
J Contemplating a bike tour Bike Touring 6
duderino DIY touring bike kick stand or pole? Bike Touring 8
Mark Allen Bike Tour through Montana Bike Touring 5
kecleon Whats in your tool kit? Favorite tools? What I carry for a motorbike. Weapons & Tools 9
Matt Derrick Featured The StP guide to Bike Touring Bike Touring 11
WeekendWarrior88 Yo, my name is Charlie, and my bike is gnarley. Introductions 4
D Pushbike cop gets wheels stolen General Banter 4
Matt Derrick 2016 West Coast Bike Tour Vlog! Bike Touring 10
Gypsybones bike co-ops? Bike Touring 17
xeperu News & Blogs Micro gypsy caravan pulled by bike Alternative Housing 3
Matt Derrick One Man One Bike One World (website) Bike Touring 2
Matt Derrick $150 bike camper: DIY micro mobile home Bike Touring 6