Hello everyone!

F

FridaKahlo

I don't know where to start. I've grown up poor all of my life and my family has been receiving government assistance for as long as I can remember, now that I'm 18 and going to college, there's been a lot of worry about money and I feel like I'm a burden. I guess where I'm getting at is that I want to drop school and leave my job and leave the house. I've never travelled, and although I have a job I'm not getting paid until the end of next month so I don't have any money. I don't have anything, really, not even a car. I can't contribute financially but I'm an easy-going person. I'm very quiet, not violent, don't drink, smoke, do any other drugs. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind dropping my job and school, I hate it there and I just want to be a bit closer to nature. I would like to find a travel companion, preferably female, in the San Diego area or somewhere to squat.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
<drops glasses down to stare at youngster> K. I'm 56 yrs old - have a stupid college degree that means nothing to anything I do other than having it on my blah blah resume - have done some traveling and am planning another trip end of month with a bigger one next year. Note the word PLAN.

Stay in school, keep the job and then with degree go and explore. My gawd it's fun!! I know it's a pain in the ass now. But if you have the opportunity just do it. If it doesn't work out - then it goes, but really just hunker down and do it.

<LOL takes off the Mom glasses>

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads