Best way to get from LA to Slab City?

Reaction score
What is the best way for someone without a car to get from Los Angeles to Slab City? Without a good sized city nearby it looks like it could be tough. Would it be best to head out straight from LA towards Joshua Tree? Or is it better to go to San Diego and hang a left? Seems like San Diego might be a bit out of the way but less likely to end up stranded out in the middle of nowhere. I am shit at hitchhiking so I prefer not to rely on that if at all possible. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 125

What is the best way for someone without a car to get from Los Angeles to Slab City? Without a good sized city nearby it looks like it could be tough. Would it be best to head out straight from LA towards Joshua Tree? Or is it better to go to San Diego and hang a left? Seems like San Diego might be a bit out of the way but less likely to end up stranded out in the middle of nowhere. I am shit at hitchhiking so I prefer not to rely on that if at all possible. Thanks!

since you dont want to hitch are you looking for what...local bus routes to take you the almost 200 miles?

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
You should try hitching in my opinion, that's the way I get just about everywhere when I'm not rubber tramping. Find a good truck stop or travel center and yea, you'll get there

D

Deleted member 125

Yeah, bus would be best I guess.

err, uh i was kind of being sarcastic. if you wanted to take a bus ide assume the old dirty dog would be yer best bet, im not sure figuring out local busses to take you 200 miles would be feasable. but if it is something youd want to look into im sure google searching city by city you could figure it out as long as they all have public transit which...i dont think you can get to niland with and im pretty sure thats the closest town to slabs (you might wanna ask somebody currently in slab city theres quite a few stp members currently there now). whats yer aversion to hitch hiking? its not really the kinda thing you can actually be bad at in my opinion, just make a sign or stick out yer thumb. or i guess you could try CL and look for ride shares to get you part of the way but i doubt youd get lucky enough to get a ride all the way there in one ride. goodluck!

Reaction score
Must be nice, but it just doesn't work for me. Are you a girl? The whole reason I am broke now is because I spent all my money on buses to get to LA precisely because no one would pick me up so that seems like a dead end to me.

You should try hitching in my opinion, that's the way I get just about everywhere when I'm not rubber tramping. Find a good truck stop or travel center and yea, you'll get there

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured you might be being sarcastic but since my options are limited...

I posted in the rideshare forum so maybe I will get lucky. But if not, I guess I will have to bus hop between municipalities. Thanks.

err, uh i was kind of being sarcastic. if you wanted to take a bus ide assume the old dirty dog would be yer best bet, im not sure figuring out local busses to take you 200 miles would be feasable. but if it is something youd want to look into im sure google searching city by city you could figure it out as long as they all have public transit which...i dont think you can get to niland with and im pretty sure thats the closest town to slabs (you might wanna ask somebody currently in slab city theres quite a few stp members currently there now). whats yer aversion to hitch hiking? its not really the kinda thing you can actually be bad at in my opinion, just make a sign or stick out yer thumb. or i guess you could try CL and look for ride shares to get you part of the way but i doubt youd get lucky enough to get a ride all the way there in one ride. goodluck!

Reactions: beersalt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads