Best way to cook ramen (1 Viewer)

Caveman118

Lurker
Current Location
Fuck off land
Ramen french toast...... Break dry ramen into 2 sheets. Crack an egg in a vessel dip the ramen 1/2 on both sides pour remaining egg on top of the ramen 1/2 and fry on both sides.top with mayo or your favorite sause and a light sprinkle of the flavor packet... Cooks the ramen a bit and softens the ramen just enough but still has some crunch. Figured that out when all i had was ramen and my chicken's eggs but now its my favorite quick snack.....whats your favorite way to eat ramen??

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Barf

Current Location
NW Montana
I just like to go through my fridge and spice cabinet to see what I can throw in. I like soy sauce, ginger, cayenne, curry if I'm feeling exotic.

As far as protein, what ever kind of shredded meat you can find. Tuna or other canned fish works wonderfully.

I'm a big fan of eggs with my ramen , but never tried your method.

Depending how bad my hangover is,I'll just crack an egg in when I pour the boiling water on top of the noodles.

Don't get me started on chickens.

Poultry science has been a passion of mine for a decade +.

Last edited:

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I like it the way my ex-wife made it. I don't know how that was but we were on a rooftop in SF off Geary on a nice cool cloudy day overlooking the city. She made me a bowl of soy ramen (the ramen formerly known as Oriental) and a warm cup of Earl Grey and it was just perfect, everything was perfect. Best I can describe it is - Very minimal water, and the noodles had some firmness to them still. Nothing fancy, just light on the juice and not overcooked/mushy.

I usually do chicken flavor, break a couple eggs into the water early on. Hit it with a few splashes of crystal hot sauce, finely chopped celery, some carrots and a dash of pepper. Basically a ghetto version of homemade chicken noodle soup with eggs & hot sauce.

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Winnemucca, NV
I like my ramen to cost 13$ cooked in a creamy pork broth, with pork belly, ajitsuke tamago, crispy shiitakes, menma, scallions, black garlic oil, and a soft a boiled egg. Served in a large bowl with chopsticks.

Thats what I ate yesterday.

Cuz were not in Kansas anymore!

LEAN

Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
New Jersey
If you can find them, look for the asian brands of ramen usually in the asian section or chinese grocery stores. They have wayyy better flavor and usually come with extra sauces instead of the usual 1 pack of powder.

My new recipe is this brand SAMYANG, hot and spicy flavor. I go to the hot bar section of the store and get some roast chicken and these mushrooms. Total price is usually like $4-5.

train in vain

Rambler
Current Location
Out there
I like my ramen to cost 13$ cooked in a creamy pork broth, with pork belly, ajitsuke tamago, crispy shiitakes, menma, scallions, black garlic oil, and a soft a boiled egg. Served in a large bowl with chopsticks.

Thats what I ate yesterday.

Cuz were not in Kansas anymore!
Seriously haha. The 25 cent version is a staple of hobodom but the fancy bowl cannot be beat.

train in vain

Rambler
Current Location
Out there
i like to add ginger a little onion and green onions sesame oil and whatever spicy thing i have on hand. Most people I know seem to cook the noodles then dump the water. I like mine soupy in a big bowl.
When it comes down to it i will throw in just about anything that seems soupable. Im about to try this french toast idea RIGHT NOW!

train in vain

Rambler
Current Location
Out there
Ramen french toast...... Break dry ramen into 2 sheets. Crack an egg in a vessel dip the ramen 1/2 on both sides pour remaining egg on top of the ramen 1/2 and fry on both sides.top with mayo or your favorite sause and a light sprinkle of the flavor packet... Cooks the ramen a bit and softens the ramen just enough but still has some crunch. Figured that out when all i had was ramen and my chicken's eggs but now its my favorite quick snack.....whats your favorite way to eat ramen??
Yo..i fucking LOVE THIS. Thanks for the new meal idea.

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
Cook the noodles without adding the seasoning packet. Throw that shit away. The season packet is high in Cholesterol. After you cook the noodles, throw them in a frying pan with a little bit of cooking oil with a can of mixed vegetables, and a can of Tuna fish or a can of chicken. Then put them in to a mixing bowl with a spoon full of mayo. Season with All Natures Seasoning.

OP
Caveman118

Caveman118

Lurker
Current Location
Fuck off land
Cook the noodles without adding the seasoning packet. Throw that shit away. The season packet is high in Cholesterol. After you cook the noodles, throw them in a frying pan with a little bit of cooking oil with a can of mixed vegetables, and a can of Tuna fish or a can of chicken. Then put them in to a mixing bowl with a spoon full of mayo. Season with All Natures Seasoning.
Dam that sounds dank

Honey Crust

Rambler
Current Location
Laramie, WY
Website
flowercrownmeaqueen.bandcamp.com
I’m with @BradKajukenbo on stir frying the noddles with veggies, but I usually boil the noodles with the chili powder packet, and throw in a whole bunch of turmeric and ginger powder into the broth so it boils into the noodles. Drain, but keep a lil bit of broth on the side, and then throw the noodles into a pile of broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach that you’ve got sautéing in a decent amount of sesame oil. Keep everything moving, and add enough broth at times to keep things from getting too dry, but not enough for the stir fry to be swimming. Either throw in some soy sauce when it’s cooking or when it’s out, and just throw the whole everything into a bowl. That’s my shit right there lol

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
I’m with @BradKajukenbo on stir frying the noddles with veggies, but I usually boil the noodles with the chili powder packet, and throw in a whole bunch of turmeric and ginger powder into the broth so it boils into the noodles. Drain, but keep a lil bit of broth on the side, and then throw the noodles into a pile of broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach that you’ve got sautéing in a decent amount of sesame oil. Keep everything moving, and add enough broth at times to keep things from getting too dry, but not enough for the stir fry to be swimming. Either throw in some soy sauce when it’s cooking or when it’s out, and just throw the whole everything into a bowl. That’s my shit right there lol
I'm going to try this tonight. All those veggies sautéing in sesame oil really sound great. I normally throw out the packets or use just very little of them unless its chili flavoring.

roughdraft

~
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
maryland
quality content

just wanna throw in my 2 cents while remaining somewhat on-topic to the original post

eggs are totally slept on in the cooking department

i like to slice up bananas and make banana omelettes, once in a blue moon

as well, it's a great way to make leftover pasta more....delicious....just did it yesterday...so i like what @Caveman118 suggested here

MetalBryan

Pilgrim
Current Location
Washington, DC
Maruchan creamy chicken flavor is my favorite when I can find it. Nongshim Shin Ramyun Noodle Soup packets are great if you don't mind spending a little more and need a little spicy kick. Buldak Bokkeummyun makes some real hot stuff but you might die.

This site rates most of the dry & wet ramen varieties out there... www.theramenrater.com

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
Dude, it's all about that Creamy Chicken, a little peanut butter, garlic, and Sriracha.

That's the poor man's peanut chicken thai right thur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!
dumpsternavel wrote on Erinn Oface's profile.
I wanna see more of your arrrrttttttt
I made it to dayton with time to spare, i went belen/kc(for supplies)/chicago(i got robbed)/indy/dayton. Besides getting robbed in chicago the trip has been great, quick trains good kickdowns and a nice 2 ride hitchhike to dayton.
io2286 wrote on coolusername123's profile.
Hobosexual- someone who has a relationship to get a place to stay
Happy friday the 13th!
Hmu or send something my way
Cheers!
It takes forever to do profiles via smartphone.. I'll fill this out on a laptop later.. me and my wife, Straps, recently moved from NC to central Ohio and are looking for like minded folks. Oldschool punk and metal etc is our tastes but not limited to. She does Vocals as well as I.. I also play bass. And am currently working on a demo. Think serial killer true crime punk.. not 'horror punk'.. true horror, yes.
*will update tonight
wheels are made for rollin/mules are made to pack/I never seen a sight that didnt look better lookin back

Staff online

Members online