best route oh to ca?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Only advice I can give is try not to get stranded in Gary, IN. Bad bad neighborhood. Fortunately if you have a little money you can catch the train into Chicago from there.

If you do find yourself in Gary, there's a sweet abandoned church in town, I made a post about it in the urban exploration section.

D

Deleted member 20

Unsure. But i have been hearing about peeps flying out super cheap, say a bit over a hundo.

I bet you are itching to hitch & adventure, yadda, yadda, yadda. I am a bit romantic myself but also a frugal & efficient mofo too. Its ok to avoid the week om the road in exchange for a few hours in da sky, sometimes. When a flight costs less than, rideshares, the hound & scamtrack then its on my radar.

Dont hate kiddies. I aint got a hundred bucks either, lol. Even so. Some would rather keep it to eat, drink, rage along the way. At times, me too but check flights first because it often suprises me at how f-ing cheap tix can be.

Last edited:

janktoaster

Reaction score
I've done 80 from Toledo to Denver, then 70 to SLC and back onto 80

Reactions: urchin

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
Being that I grew up In Ohio, and travel back and forth from here to Portland Ore Boise a couple times a year..If you're hitching it..I-80 will run you all the way over to Sacto...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads