BEST PLACES TO FLY IN SAN DIEGO/ESCONDIDO? (1 Viewer)

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
If this is in the wrong section please let me know and I apologize, but I am currently forced to stay in San Diego and am having one hell of a rough time making money. I can't play an instrument so my only option is flying a sign, I lost all my gear so I need to get some money together asap to get a pack/sleep bag/ and a tarp. I have tried grossmont and national City/Chula Vista but haven't fared too well. I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a honey hole. K promise I won't share this information with anyone and as soon as I have my gear I'm heading to OB so I won't be blowing up the spot. Please message me if you wish to help but not tell the whole world. But please someone help me I'm literally sleeping with a run-away pack and a skimpy jacket.. and the word sleeping is awful generous because it's more like intermittent napping due to the cold. I normally don't ask favors like this because I understand no one is going to give away their spots. But I've been trying everywhere and I'm lucky if I make enough money for a day pass and a small dinner to keep trying the next day.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Sorry but SD is super rough on what they see as panhandling. Even Esco. But I'll tell you what, I'm moving up to Vista in a few days & if you're still around, I'll gladly buy you a beer

D

Deleted member 16701

I deleted myself
Ya san diego seems to be very anti panhandling/homeless. If youre really desperate you might be able to crack spange, but idk sounds rough. Id hit up a few churches and ask around. You You should be able to score a sleeping bag id imagine. Maybe buy an alice pack for 30 or get one from a church?

Current Location
ohio
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey, I was just wondering if you guys knew of any places in Northern California that are less anti-homeless? I've heard ok things about berkeley, is berkeley a pretty decent place to spange?

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
Have you tried and see if any soup kitchens or charity places or churches that give clothes away? Sometimes they may have backpacks, just saying.
Tried any temporary day labor services for money?
I've tried all the resources for a pack, and none of them do that, which is really surprising, and yeah I actually just got mailed my birth certificate and SS card so that's plan B in action, oh btw Escondido is cracking down on sign Flyers just for future reference. 1000 dollar fines if I can trust what the cop said. But he's probably way over doing it. Either way they see you, they are going to pull you over and run your name and cite you.

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
You still around Vista? I got arrested the very same day I posted this message so only just now getting to see it lol , you moving there permanently or just in your travels that's the next destination?
Sorry but SD is super rough on what they see as panhandling. Even Esco. But I'll tell you what, I'm moving up to Vista in a few days & if you're still around, I'll gladly buy you a beer

ScumRag

Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
You still around Vista? I got arrested the very same day I posted this message so only just now getting to see it lol , you moving there permanently or just in your travels that's the next destination?

Yeah its perm. Im still here in Vista. The housing kinda sux but i get 3 hots and a cot.

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
Ya san diego seems to be very anti panhandling/homeless. If youre really desperate you might be able to crack spange, but idk sounds rough. Id hit up a few churches and ask around. You You should be able to score a sleeping bag id imagine. Maybe buy an alice pack for 30 or get one from a church?
The pack is taken care of and yeah. If I didn't have to stay here id be gone n only come back for a REALLY Good reason lol... And there are certain organizations / groups that go around and hand out whole car loads full. But thir like "SURPRISE MOTHUH FUCKAHHhhh!!" There's no announcement you basically gotta be In the bummier areas at the right time and it probably won't be till it starts getting cold again lol, but oh well. The whole point of this post was for someone with first hand experience to share a lil sweet spot they discovered in SD... If the resources around there proved helpful I wouldn't of even been on here asking people to share their honey holes with me .. :/ oh well

ScumRag

Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Oh congrats!! Way cheaper huh?? I used to live in an Oxford House in wa rent was 350 a month and that includes EVERYTHING even internet and cable . Dirt cheap
Omg. Its Calif so you know its super exaggerated pricing. I pay $800 flat.

ScumRag

Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Oh congrats!! Way cheaper huh?? I used to live in an Oxford House in wa rent was 350 a month and that includes EVERYTHING even internet and cable . Dirt cheap
But thx for the congrats. 3 years strong off meth, alcohol & 7 off crack.

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
But thx for the congrats. 3 years strong off meth, alcohol & 7 off crack.
That's awesome man! I had about a year and a half around Christmas time. Momentum is easier maintained then regained man let me fuckin tell ya.... And if that beer offer is still good idk where Vista is in relation to other spots but I'm in esco right now rolling the dice at the offramp lmao

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
Yeah its perm. Im still here in Vista. The housing kinda sux but i get 3 hots and a cot.
Do you have to share a room with someone ? That was the best part about my Oxford is that everyone got their own rooms. It would feel to much like jail otherwise

ScumRag

Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Do you have to share a room with someone ? That was the best part about my Oxford is that everyone got their own rooms. It would feel to much like jail otherwise
I have 2 roomies. Totally feels like jail at times.

Yeah the beer offer is still good but lemme get my check- I'm on the dole

OP
Learn2Swim

Learn2Swim

Lurker
Current Location
San Diego
I have 2 roomies. Totally feels like jail at times.

Yeah the beer offer is still good but lemme get my check- I'm on the dole
I'm going to be in esco today flying for the fourth of July so if you wanna link up after if you don't have any plans I'm game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally out n about, heading to London, OH
Thanks to otch0z and Sam for kicking back and keeping is sane in the homestead, hope you had a wicked time!
If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.
Jax Katz wrote on Cornelius Vango's profile.
Greetings from a Florida forest dweller !
youtube channel

There's a Cadillac parked outside of my squat.... I should've changed the locks earlier..
Little Rock.....again.....

Members online