Best parks along the Oregon coast

scatwomb

Reaction score
I am heading out to Oregon in August for some traveling and want to stay in some state parks along the coast. There are so many of them that it is overwhelming to choose!

What are some places you all would recommend along the coast? And, I know that question necessitates knowing the kinds of things I like, BUT, I am easy to please and like most places.

Thanks!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
the only actual like campground/park i've stayed at along there was just north of brookings.....pretty sure it was free(if not, they didnt bother with us anyway)....but yeah nice spot right near some beach access.........but yeah is'nt that awesome how basically the whole oregon coast is state parks...be sure to stop in port orford and check out the bigass rock bluff there...and the bigass sand dunes around florence are pretty nuts......damn dood....i'm really wishin i was out west right now...oregon coast is epic

scatwomb

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the suggestions. I am actually moving to Eugene this coming January. I am crazy excited about being so close to the coast. Minneapolis (where I currently live) is crazy far away from any ocean coast. Bah.

BUT, Minnesota has the shore of Lake Superior and all of northern Minnesota, which is amazing.

Charlie and nacole

Reaction score
Coos Bay has a BLM beach that is free to camp in for a few nights, also there is tons of free\ unmatched spots along the southern coast of Oregan. Charleston in Coos Bay is the best with hidden cove and sick sand dunes to,play in. Check put the hicking trail that leada to,the top of the bluff behind the camping sights. The island across the bay is open to camping. We stayed there last year for two weeks and very incontered a local cop or Fed. There ia a spot next to the timber company that is on the water and free.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads