Best jacket/coat | Squat the Planet

Best jacket/coat

D

Deleted member 5971

whats the best jacket/coat that gives most warmth and not to heavy with good mobility. iv heard alot of good things from carrhart there a bit pricey but i think worth it in the long run

RockerBilly

Reaction score
This isn't really a coat, but a 100% wool RAF pullover is ridiculously warm for how small and light it is. Good for working in the freezing cold, stays warm when wet and isn't too bulky at all so you can wear a big jacket over it

railroadron

Reaction score
I bought a brand new Carhartt last summer with 50% off , so I ended up paying about 50 bucks and last winter it saved my ass when I got seperated from my pack while catching on the fly in Auburn CA heading up to Donner pass. Ambient temp was 16 degrees around Truckee. I somehow managed to sleep on the steel in just my Carhartt and was actually quite warm. I didnt re-unite with my gear until Sparks. Carhartts are the shiznit!!!! :cool:

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
i got some carhartt knock-off at wal-mart thats been stronger and warmer than any carhartt jacket ive owned for about 50 bucks less. and spare me the "wal-mart's a major corporation" gripe. what do you think carhartt is?

D

Deleted member 5971

i got some carhartt knock-off at wal-mart thats been stronger and warmer than any carhartt jacket ive owned for about 50 bucks less. and spare me the "wal-mart's a major corporation" gripe. what do you think carhartt is?
yeah man no judgement there a nice jacket is a nice jacket. somewhat pricey sure. but it keeps ya warm as hell i aint complainin

Mongo

Reaction score
my personal favorite are sessions snowboarding jackets with a lining you can take out. a bit pricey though you can probably find one online for 100-150 ( the first time I had one I found it and I didn't know what it was worth). but there water proof and with the lining you can change the temp of the jacket or just wear the lining as a lightweight jacket. and they have many pockets to store away stuff in, it was quite a while before I found them all on mine.

xbocax

Reaction score
Best winter combo = Cashmere sweater=> fleace like hoody=waterproof not stiff jacket
Summer=either just the cashmere sweater or with the additional waterproof jacket maybe a lighter one just in case

D

Deleted member 125

i dont know about recently, but i remember a few years back they had jackets, pants and fucking insulated bibs by the same knockoff walmart brand. and OP if you think paying 50 bucks for a winter jacket is to much yer nuts.

Chewbacka

Reaction score
Gotta go with carharrt. If I have my bibs and jacket on I can fall asleep in any weather haha. They are a nice weight and even on cold days I have to take it off if I'm walking a good distance. So it is a good idea to keep something light with you like a hoodie.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
i dont know about recently, but i remember a few years back they had jackets, pants and fucking insulated bibs by the same knockoff walmart brand. and OP if you think paying 50 bucks for a winter jacket is to much yer nuts.
i remember these. im not sure if they still have them either, but definitely worth checking out. those bad boys looked about warm as hell

RockerBilly

Reaction score
can't go wrong with a well-fitting sheepskin flying jacket, like the kind spitfire pilots wore in WW2. I got myself a really really nice black one from a market for £35, and I have never once been cold as long as i've had that jacket. And I hiked all through the narly weather of the Scottish highlands with it. Warm as fuck, waterproof, and very tough.

D

Deleted member 5971

can't go wrong with a well-fitting sheepskin flying jacket, like the kind spitfire pilots wore in WW2. I got myself a really really nice black one from a market for £35, and I have never once been cold as long as i've had that jacket. And I hiked all through the narly weather of the Scottish highlands with it. Warm as fuck, waterproof, and very tough.
link please sounds nice

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads