best dumpster score..

Hottboxx

Reaction score
me and my buddy carletto dumpster scored 10 gallons of still cold vitamin D milk and 2 and a half cartons of light and ultra light doral ciggerettes and a shit ton of steaks and pork and ribs and all kinds of dank meat...and it was all just tossed out

Reactions: acrow

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
did you eat any of that meat? the one time i cooked dumpster meat it was a whole duck(i was assured it was still frozen when dumpstered) and it smelled like wet dog while it was cooking and i never cooked duck and i thought it was terrible. i don't know if i can ever try duck again.

the most recent epic find i can think of was about 3months ago a friend called to say that the "super secret" beer dumpster had tons of cases of twisted teas(space beer) my boyf grabbed 8. i didn't drink any because space beer doesn't sound too good to me but others had lots of free alcohol for a while.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
My best scores were those I just accross One time, I had just bought two slices of pieces, when I found one full and one half-eaten slice sitting on a paper plate at the top of the restaurants wastebasket. So I told the lady behind the counter that I was gonna take it. I wouldn't have bought the pizza had I seen the rejected stuff first, but I got nice and full and had an extra piece for a later snack.

Literally less than 5 minutes ago, I was put my popcorn bag into the University cafeteria wastebasket, and saw a cinnamon bun still saran(sp?)-wrapped sitting at the top of bag. Yoink! It's my lucky day!

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
In Arcata my friends and I found about an ounce worth of weed in a dumpster, but in Ashland when college was getting out we found beer, a laptop, and a few bikes.

menu

Reaction score
you guys dig in dumpsters? gross. hahaha jk

found a bunch of trim in a downtown trash can in ukiah last year. prolly about 2 ounces

Reactions: Crack Rock Savior

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
was in oakland one time and two of us we're in the industrial district trying to dive the cinna-bun dumpster. when we turned down one street sure as shit setting right on the side of the road was a 4ft water bong.
still had the price tag on the bottom, brand fucking new.

Reactions: dprogram

barnaclebones

Reaction score
my old house had a big warehouse in bmore that used to store mattresses.... with a door right off the kitchen, so it was like a 3000 square foot freezer in the winter.

this made going to the DC odwalla dmpster so fucking sweet. we had a dumpster coop for a while with 3 or 4 trucks that would go on 4 different plotted routes. Everyone in the community (not jst people who helped out.... ANYONE..) would come on the same night and we'd divvy everything up... and there were lists of households dietary restrictions and needs... like baby formula and pet food. fucking sweet. happened once a week in the summer when possible and twice a month in the winter. i think it lasted for a coupla years. just another reason why organized punx would make a better world for all of us. <3

the odwalla dumpster can be so sad tho... leavin all that juice behind? so we didnt have to... and with one trip down thjere, we'd have juice all fucking winter.

Reactions: enocifer

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
this made going to the DC odwalla dmpster so fucking sweet. we had a dumpster coop for a while with 3 or 4 trucks that would go on 4 different plotted routes. Everyone in the community (not jst people who helped out.... ANYONE..) would come on the same night and we'd divvy everything up... and there were lists of households dietary restrictions and needs... like baby formula and pet food. fucking sweet. happened once a week in the summer when possible and twice a month in the winter. i think it lasted for a coupla years. just another reason why organized punx would make a better world for all of us. <3

that is so inspiring it brings a tear to my eye. and you are right.

barnaclebones

Reaction score
oooo... other best score? an antique store dumpster.

i found a german english language primer that was all hand set letter type on handmade paper and a hand marbelized cover... printed in 1811. crazy.

not to mention all these fucking sweet comics... little shop of horrors, man of steel no.1, the spectre (first 4 issues), the phantom, cosmic boy.... awesome.

plus some other awesome antique childrens story books, perfect for harvesting creepy old illustrations from.

Reactions: enocifer

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
my old house had a big warehouse in bmore that used to store mattresses.... with a door right off the kitchen, so it was like a 3000 square foot freezer in the winter.

the odwalla dumpster can be so sad tho... leavin all that juice behind? so we didnt have to... and with one trip down thjere, we'd have juice all fucking winter.

I remember this, there was so much, I even took to purposefully fermenting them, though a lot of them would self-ferment on their own. One of these days someone will find the bolthouse dumpsters though...

D

dolly

So first we found a sweater and we thought "Hell yeah, a sweater!" but then we checked the pockets and it had a big jar full of weed. Other then that I haven't had too much luck but a couple times I've found brand new sleeping bags, shoes, and backpack, which if didn't come in handy for myself I've always found a good home for them with a squatter that was in need of it.

sprout

Reaction score
Well, lookie here at what I got tonight:

dumpsterla.jpg

I only took about half of the vegetarian slices. There were three more boxes full.
Plus weird gigantic asian cucumbers.

Hooray!
I wish someone else was here to help me eat it all =\

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
My best dumpster scores:
-Electric Guitar with Amp
-Naked Juice Dumpster
-Veggie Meat Dumpster
-Alternative Baking Company Dumpster
-Some pop corn store in Chicago, trash bags filled with different types of pop corn

Good god, with the Veggie Meat and the Naked Juice Dumpsters so close, i just stuffed my pack full and just ate for days!

anywhere_but_here

Reaction score
I don't think I have just one good dumpster score. Berkeley when college gets out is amazing. Me and my friends found like 3 pretty much full half gallons of whiskey, rum, and more whiskey, trampolines, $100 calculators, and a brand new sleeping bag. But in Arcata the freezer broke at the safeway so they just threw the stuff on the shelves away. We filled up the back of an extended bed truck with ribs, steaks, and just a shit ton of meat and fixins. We had a dirty kid feast in the redwood park all day long.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
my personal favorite despite many awesome finds was the life size cardboard cutout of samuel l. jackson. it spent a brief time right inside the front door but after surprising a few people we put it in the shower. now....this was a punk house, mind you, and despite 15 (or so, it was hard to keep track) kids living in the house, it took a week or two for anyone to notice and move it in order to shower.

• Haha
Reactions: Skidkidfox

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads