Best Cheap Alternative Cities? | Squat the Planet

Best Cheap Alternative Cities?

Satanic Botanic

Reaction score
Looking to get a home base pretty soon. Want to avoid bourgeois as much as possible and be in an alternative community, preferably with a nice music (really into noise n shit) and anarchist scene. Also, it's gotta be cheap.

I have a few places in mind like Denton TX, Philadelphia PA, Richmond VA, Arcata CA, Asheville NC, Detroit MI... ya know, places like that.

Any city suggestions or comments on the cities I listed are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: porkchopSJB

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
to be honest i've been curious about this as well. it seems like to me that most of the punk/anarcho meccas of the past are long gone and i've been left to wonder if they're gone for good or just moved somewhere else? i just really haven't seen the great anarcho communities i grew with in quite some time.

6StringLovin

Reaction score
Not gonna find much like that in philly for sure, but there are still anarchist communities out there, just depends on how close to the earth you trying to live. Ive been living in community for about 5 years now. theres 3 about an hour away from richmond va, Other states with communities i know about are tn,ky,mo,ca,or,co,md ive personally lived at these places and some are very different than others. lmk if you want more info

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads