best chains for shoplifting (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
THE REAL SCAVENGER
Current Location
Everywhere
okay updating this, i just looked at that thread, did not see what i was looking for. i am searching for information as follows, what stores are easiest to lift from? chain stores. which ones have theft protection agents? etc. in your experience. whoever see this, comment if you have info.

O

outlawloose

I deleted myself

PS. Loose lips sink ships.
Blabbing on the internet about this BS doesnt make things any easier.

Big Time

Lurker
Current Location
Phoenix
I worked at a Lowe's a few years ago and their LP is pathetic. It's one room with tiny screens and the LP girl was rarely even in there. She only used the cameras to look at video of things that had already been stolen.

If a customer set off the door alarms and didn't stop, you were supposed to just let them go.

They pretty much profile people, too, so dress in slacks and a shirt with a collar and a nice haircut and trimmed beard and they won't even notice you.

daigtohue

Lurker
Current Location
Philadelphia, PA
i want inside info, or outside info. what in your experience has been the easiest places to shoplift?
You don't need to shoplift because you could get caught and go to jail.
I get most of my stuff by using catalogs. They have 'buy now, pay later' catalogs.
They send the stuff out and you pay them a little each month.
These are catalogs like fingerhut, Aramark, ginnys, seventhavenue, stoneberry,
monroeandmain, Montgomery ward, healthy living unlimited, carol wright gifts,
dr leonards. there's a lot more of them.
They give credit to like anybody and you pay them like $20 each month.
Look for catalogs that give 'easy credit'.

OP
THE REAL SCAVENGER
Current Location
Everywhere
i know that i don't need to- i pretty much currently never do- i dumpster dive a fuck ton and don't use much money at all currently. however, knowing policies and all that is very fascinating to me. i was hoping even ex-theft protection agents could give info or whatever. i am interested in the inter workings of all of this. plus, some could benefit from that info. for me it is mostly just a curiosity

Hobo Mud

Pilgrim
Current Location
Columbia, Tennessee
I would highly suggests that you not part take in this activity unless it is out of pure desperation. I make no judgements on anyone's life style choice's unless it pertains to causing bodily harm to someone.

We all need to keep in mind that certain topics can cause red flags in reference to " Big Brother ". This is the reality that we live in. I suspect if I was starving I would partake in this type of activity however in this country this is not the case.

There are hundreds of creativity ways of obtaining free things while traveling the country. I think travelers in general are experts in this skill set. Long story short I am trying to say that I hope you re-think your choices in this matter.

You seem like a very intelligent young man and I would hate to hear that you got arrested for something so petty. Getting arrested, jailed, paying fines, probation fees and all the BS associated with the court system can be a nightmare, especially for travelers.

Either way, I wish you the best in your journeys and adventures. Stay safe brother.

Last edited:

tootall

Lurker
Current Location
Danville, VA 24541, USA
REI i heard has a no chase policy and confirmed they didnt after packing a 85L pack with sleeping bag and 2 hammocks and couple small items and pick it up and stroll out...BUT you must be very yuppie looking for this to work smoothly and i would recommend a friend as distraction and to follow you out when you go out just in case someone tries to grab or follow you he just trips in front of them for you to get away then he runs easily with no pack lol

Current Location
Spokane Valley, WA 99206, USA
Rite Aid also has a no touch, no chase policy. They will walk up to you as your heading for the door and ask if you conceled something, but just say no and walk out. They will not ever do anything, I have a friend who will go in first and being that she has stolen so many items before they will instantly have 3 employees following her around which leaves no one to watch anyone else. We often use this tatic to peel them back weekly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally out n about, heading to London, OH
Thanks to otch0z and Sam for kicking back and keeping is sane in the homestead, hope you had a wicked time!
If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.
Jax Katz wrote on Cornelius Vango's profile.
Greetings from a Florida forest dweller !
youtube channel

There's a Cadillac parked outside of my squat.... I should've changed the locks earlier..
Little Rock.....again.....