Benzodiazapine Addiction and withdrawl

Sexyrexy1989

Reaction score
So i have been taking up to two MG's of kilonopin on and off for up to three years.
everytime i try to stop taking it i got through horrific withdrawl i mean this shit makes Opiate and Alcohol addicts look like Roses.

I mean now stop Migraine head aches, Anxiety all the time, i feel like im drowning all the time. shaky constant no sleep for days and when i do horrific nightmares.

I went to a detox were they used phenobarbital to try and get me off and it did not work.

i feel like im going to have a seizure almost everyday.

Doctors including my on psych refuse to help, they say its all in my head.

Had any been though this that has any input

-happy travels-

Reactions: OstrichJockey

Naomi Leigh

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It is definitely NOT all in your head. I really thought I needed this stuff for my anxiety but I read about the withdraws and cannot even imagine what you are going through :/

All I can offer is that I have read multiple places that Kratom helps with benzo, alcohol, opiate, and suboxone withdraws and maybe you can give this a shot. In addition, it has also helped me tremendously with my anxiety and depression. I pay $20 or so for 28 grams and just eat half a teaspoon or so with some applesauce or whatever each day. People say Kratom is addicting too if done in excess so you gotta be careful.

This is the kind I currently take and I see a noticeable difference in my daily life:

http://www.quickkratom.com/horn-kratom-1oz/

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now but I hope this helps, even a little bit.

SEMICHRIST

Reaction score
Website
thesemichrist.wordpress.com
I've been there man, its hard. if you can pull it off, wean yourself down, .5mg every week. it will still suck but it will spread it out over the course of a month. it will still suck when you stop too. but not nearly as bad and you won't seize or lost your mind completely. also drinking can help a bit but just as easily make things worse if you lose control.

if you're a real drug addict like myself, the above will be completely impossible. I tried everything to get off dope, crack and pills. psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, rehab, detox, psych ward, suicide......after exhausting all other options I finally tried out my last remaining choice: the 'cult' that is Alcoholics Anonymous. turns out it wasn't a cult at all and nobody is making money off anything there. I got a sponsor who had been destitute like me and I've been sober ever since. haven't had a drink, drug, or toke of any kind for 5 and a half years. it's possible....just takes some work. it will be the hardest thing you ever do but so worth it. you can do it

Bedheadred

Reaction score
You have to wean yourself off. I went cold turkey from a 3 year benzo addiction but not everyone can handle that. Also be prepared for the long term, permanent damage it causes you. Good luck.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@OstrichJockey - yeah we get input from everyone from all walks of life and there are people here who have input to how they have coped and also help towards a point toward organizations that can help too. I need to get off my ass and continue to put together a help resource that many of us mods have gathered for food, service, health etc from around the country - and put it out here as a resource. But not 4 c h a n. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MamaSow

noonthirty

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else that you have to wean off. You can die from benzo withdrawal. I was a really, really bad alcoholic and drug addict for many years and now go to AA. I've been sober for 7 months now and don't even really have cravings.

I would really, really recommend Naltrexone. It's a drug that blocks your opiate receptors, which takes away the cravings for drugs, alcohol, binging, cutting--anything addicting. I could never have gotten clean without it. Also, I'd recommend detoxing in a rehab or psych ward and staying for at least a few weeks. The first few weeks are absolute hell--not just from the withdrawal, but from the cravings and the obsession.

I take non-narcotic anxiety meds now. They're nothing like benzos, but they help. Vistaril, neurontin, and buspar are the major ones. I take all three.

Reactions: Naomi Leigh

Psi em

Reaction score
Bit jealous here. I didn't feel anything while on klonopin. Absolutely nothing. Then they switched me to antihistamines/sleep aids to take throughout the day and before bed. Um... what was it called?
Ah! Vistaril! aka Hydroxyzine. I don't have to take meds any more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads