being homeless in a toronto winter

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Think twice and stay the fuck there until after winter.

Just saved your life kid.

Lee

Reaction score
Surely you have some way to acquire a sleeping bag and a winter coat? The sleeping bag might be a bit harder, but it isn't hard to find a cheap winter coat, or to 'borrow' a relatives.

urbanflow

Reaction score
if you're really that broke, you better go steal a good sleeping bag and winter clothes and dip the fuck out as soon as possible.

that or do some research while you still can on google and figure out a bunch of ways to stay warm during the winter. im still confused why you dont have winter gear but, live all the way up in ontario.

urbanflow

Reaction score
apparently you already know what to do, so why ask?

nothing freezes when it stays dry...? the thing about coats is they are waterproof/resistant. the outer shell protects you from the elements in ways that layers just wont. being wet in winter is a death sentence, seriously. not to mention loft is what you should be looking for. the reason winter coats work so well is because they have so much loft for warm air to get trapped inside of.

layers might work but, i wouldnt want to spend much time outside without some sort of outer shell to protect against wet conditions. snow is water after all.

dprogram

Reaction score
Go south or get in a shelter man. There are ways to stall evictions. I dont know Canadian real estate law but I bet it protects the renter more than US laws. Don't they have to bring the authorities to physically remove you and your property? If so. Wait it out. It can take months and by the it will be warmer.

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Who lives in Canada and doesn't have a proprer coat??

They would have to pull my ass out of that apartment with it being mid-winter in Canada.

Ride it out as long as possible. You don't want to be on the street on a sub-zero night.

Reactions: urbanflow

urbanflow

Reaction score
^thats what im saying. i wouldnt want to spend a winter outdoors of a constant 32F, let alone -whatever. surely you know someone who can help you out with renters rights. you could always come out with the "i have literally no where to go and obviously no money" thing. some parties might just take pitty on you.

cport420

Reaction score
It gets really fuckin cold up there. I don't think ppl understand the cold till they are pushed past their brink and still have no way to warm up. You'll need some sort of shelter though. Maybe look into hammocks or something. But a bag is a must way the fuck up there. Good luck. Fuck being way up there though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads