Being dead | Squat the Planet

Being dead

Rancho

Reaction score
You know that moment that you have when you realize you aren't going to live much longer?
It's like you know ok I'm going to die and it's sooner than I predicted
Shit
After you kind of resolve yourself of this fact
Swill it around for a bit
Then
All you think is
Now what?

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob
E

Earth

Death is absolute.

Make no mistake or joke about it.
I witnessed my woman die (from a successful suicide at age 23) and believe me, there's no turning back, no game over, it's the real deal.

One thing I did learn:
There IS life after death.
I saw something leave her eyes right after she died in the hospital
- and the first thing out of my mouth was "Holy shit, there really is life after death"...

Couldn't believe it.
Could you imagine the phone call I had to make to my future in laws??

Anyway, that was almost 17 years ago and I've long come to terms with that.

But me, I'm not afraid of death at all....
If it's anything like sleeping, I actually look forwards to it in a way.
I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to (except raise a family, too old now)
and my only wish is when it's my turn - I don't have any animals in my care.
Oddly enough - thats my only concern about dying today:
Who would take care of my animals??

Otherwise, I know I've lived a good life - meaning doing the right thing, so no worries there.........

R

river dog

for me, dying is the second most important thing i will do with my life, the first being born. so i would love to plan it out but alas, life throws curveballs, i could get run over by a fucking car in front of my house...maybe

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
for me, dying is the second most important thing i will do with my life, the first being born. so i would love to plan it out but alas, life throws curveballs, i could get run over by a fucking car in front of my house...maybe
Yep, there's always shit that can happen. Hell, a fuckin plane could blow and engine and crash into your house. I'm right under a fuckin plane path too o_O

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob

Alaska

Reaction score
It scares the living shit out of me. Yet, it almost has warm hands. An embrace that puts a dull flame to your "core". I've dealt with a few near-death experiences. They are comforting, but still terrifying.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
It scares the living shit out of me. Yet, it almost has warm hands. An embrace that puts a dull flame to your "core". I've dealt with a few near-death experiences. They are comforting, but still terrifying.
I've never had a NDE, but I've felt the embrace of Death. Its not scary to me. Its very peaceful.

Nemo

Reaction score
"To die would be an awfully big adventure."
Peter Pan

Let me know if you decide to off yourself out of sheer curiosity; we can do it Romeo & Juliet style.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads