Behold! Everyone! The Fjallraven waxed cotton bedroll!

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
blanket.jpg
blanket2.jpg
More than a bedroll. More than a sleeping mat! Waxed cotton on one side: wool on the other. Much better than my thermarest thin, and small mattress. And MUCH better than a poncho liner.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
BUT! Does the wine and cheese and doggie bone come with it? ;) hehe I have a mat, not expensive at all, that I haul to the beech and other areas - can sleep on - that folds into a small square and can hang off my pack and I forgot about it till now - need a huge foray into the attic upstairs (I moved not long ago - things are still a mess) and I love it. But I really like that in the pic!!!

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
BUT! Does the wine and cheese and doggie bone come with it? ;) hehe I have a mat, not expensive at all, that I haul to the beech and other areas - can sleep on - that folds into a small square and can hang off my pack and I forgot about it till now - need a huge foray into the attic upstairs (I moved not long ago - things are still a mess) and I love it. But I really like that in the pic!!!

For only an extra 19.99, bedroll comes with one (1) bag organic popcorn; one (1) bottle locally sourced Shenandoah Valley 'Faux-Shine'; and two (2) ornamental plastic grape clusters. Dog bone not included. lmbo

Here's the original item, which I found on a reenactors' supply website: the 1844 model US Army vulcanized groundsheet/poncho:

http://www.regtqm.com/Gum-Blanket-Vulcanized-Rubber-p/field-32.htm

Attachments

• 1861blanket.jpg
    1861blanket.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
Reactions: Jaguwar

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Where'd you find the fjallraven one???

On Fjallraven.com. Its attractive, but pretty redundant for my purposes. I'm trying to keep my pack weight down; not inflate it with luxurious items! lol
This bedroll would be good for car camping or for someone who's not so ultralite oriented. Or maybe if youre operating in a fairly temperate environment. It has its uses: the fact that its brown on one side and black on the other is good for stealth. I've been using the Fjallraven G1000 technology for 3 years now: on the plus side it dries quickly....But on the minus it is NOT water repellent. A sleeping bag, tarp, and thermarest are much more practical. The FJ bedroll is useful, but only in limited situations.

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
hmm I must've been on the wrong site or something, I'll try again. Mostly to see the details, of course, I need to keep my shit light in case I have to hoof it at some point.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Yeah I originally went to the US site. Even in this I had to dig around (didn't expect it to be in clothing lol), thanks. I wish it said how much it weighs.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
ulv.jpg
ulv2.jpg
It's the Ulv! A sleeping bag you can wear! I had something similar in '02 from the Bundeswehr. But this item is new; Swedish made like the bedroll above. My old German one smelled weird. And NOT just like old military surplus either. lol

troublefunk

Reaction score
I've mixed my own waterproofer - part beeswax,part parrafin candle's.Pretty cheap and got a big old block now ;)
You can find you tube vid's on how to make/apply it.I put it on a pair of suede walking shoes and it works a treat.
Rubbed it over my shoes,hair dryer it and it just melt's into the suede.So far so good.
You could also just buy greenland wax but making yer own is cheaper i think.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Heck yeah. I want to do that too. No point in paying ten bucks for a block of Greenland wax.

PS Don't you step on my blue suede shoes.

troublefunk

Reaction score
Step on em..i'll just wipe em clean now theyre waxed haha ;)
Well worth looking it up on you tube and can deffo make a ton of it for the price of greenland wax....here's a link for ya.Hope you can understand the crazy English accent

Not sure how much you'd need for an entire bed roll tho!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads