Been lurking here for awhile

IntrovertMatt

Reaction score
I've been a member for 2 years and been lurking for maybe 3? I visit the site probably twice a week to see what's new, but now for a little about me...

I'm from UK,Manchester. I finished school, did a year of college and then fucked it all of to go travel since I know I'm not going to achieve anything in life not through lack of trying, before that though I spent 3 years in my room at home due to depression and anxiety, so yeah I "literally" never left the house for 3 years. I went through the therapy and the anti-depressants for a couple more years and then sacked that of because I started to somewhat feel normal again.
I've been travelling on and off for 4 years, in that time I've spent 7 months at home. I've been from San Diego - Seattle on the west coast pretty much just winging it as I go.. sleeping on the side of the road, hitching and using the shitty buses, I just want to ride some trains now and I think I'll be happy, all I've done in the east in New York, twice.
I've been to SEA done the typical Thailand, Laos, Cambodia. (party scene isn't for me I just wanted to give it a shot, I'm the type to get drunk with 1-2 friends or on my own)
I've been to Australia and New Zealand, I found out Australia wasn't really for me but New zealand... I could've stayed there forever! but me being a broke AF, I can't do that.
The other 2 years I've spent travelling around Europe, starting in the West in Portugal and working my way across..slowly.
I could write for hours but I've tried to make it short and sweet.
I just want to thank everyone that posts on this forum because you've helped me out tremendously in the past and I haven't got around to thanking you's, this forum makes me feel like I'm not alone.
My next adventure is starting in Estonia in the new few weeks.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads