Been lurking for a bit, finally getting more active | Squat the Planet

Been lurking for a bit, finally getting more active

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm Sandwich. I've been lurking here for a bit, but decided to finally make a real account. I like this site because most of the posters seem pretty chill. Some of the other traveler groups on Facebook and Reddit can be a little weird at times. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post. I'm based out of Los Angeles, but I've been living/traveling in my 2000 GMC Safari for almost two years full time (no family and prefer my own bed even when my awesome friends offer their couches). I was doing the festival/tent and car thing for a little bit before that. I'm currently just trying to find a friend in CA/NV/AZ to stash my van while I hit the road on foot.
Looking to do some hopping and hitching for a while. I'm new to that, but not new to the road, sleeping outside, etc. I was supposed to go with a close friend, but he's got other travel plans up north now, so I'm trying to maybe link up with cool people that know what they're doing.
I've been back in SoCal for two months working this bartending gig at a warehouse party one day a week so I can pay my van insurance and buy some better gear for whatever's next. Looking to get outta here soon...truthfully don't like being here more than a few weeks at a time, but needed shit ass money lol.
Oh, I also just upgraded my van's bed from the tiny cot I've slept on nearly every single night since I got it to a twin size which is kinda cool since I'm a big dude. Grateful for that.
Otherwise, I'm really into nature, teaching and spinning poi/contact staff/double staff/hoop/pretty much whatever I can get my hands on, dancing, music of pretty much all genres, art, parties, words, being grateful for this life and to be doing whatever I want every day! :)

-Sandwich

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey - welcome officially to STP - and I understand the facebook groups (I admin a dkcsc site) so yeah I understand the drama. So cool - where are you headed?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the site man, like tude said, im curious where you want to go?

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Safe travels.

AzureSoul

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Im in Bisbee, AZ. Nice tudes towards family and great weather. There's plenty of hippie-like people who wouldnt mind sittin your van here while you beat your feet. PM me.

Reactions: RoadFlower33

lyzinga

Reaction score
Website
bloodsweatandpaint.com
You seem like a really cool dude... take care on your travels ~ hope to see you. Oh and my mom has a chill place in northeast Utah she'd let you park at but that's a little outta the way for you I spose. It' s a 2 day trip fom LA to my moms place in UIntah.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Decided to check in and say what's up. Been riding freight all across the country for a little over three months now. It's been...something lol. Lots of highs and lows. Idk what else to say but thanks for everything STP

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads