Been lurking for a bit, finally getting more active

Current Location
Portland, OR
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey guys!

I'm Sandwich. I've been lurking here for a bit, but decided to finally make a real account. I like this site because most of the posters seem pretty chill. Some of the other traveler groups on Facebook and Reddit can be a little weird at times. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post. I'm based out of Los Angeles, but I've been living/traveling in my 2000 GMC Safari for almost two years full time (no family and prefer my own bed even when my awesome friends offer their couches). I was doing the festival/tent and car thing for a little bit before that. I'm currently just trying to find a friend in CA/NV/AZ to stash my van while I hit the road on foot.
Looking to do some hopping and hitching for a while. I'm new to that, but not new to the road, sleeping outside, etc. I was supposed to go with a close friend, but he's got other travel plans up north now, so I'm trying to maybe link up with cool people that know what they're doing.
I've been back in SoCal for two months working this bartending gig at a warehouse party one day a week so I can pay my van insurance and buy some better gear for whatever's next. Looking to get outta here soon...truthfully don't like being here more than a few weeks at a time, but needed shit ass money lol.
Oh, I also just upgraded my van's bed from the tiny cot I've slept on nearly every single night since I got it to a twin size which is kinda cool since I'm a big dude. Grateful for that.
Otherwise, I'm really into nature, teaching and spinning poi/contact staff/double staff/hoop/pretty much whatever I can get my hands on, dancing, music of pretty much all genres, art, parties, words, being grateful for this life and to be doing whatever I want every day! :)

-Sandwich

Last edited:
Current Location
St. Paul, Mn
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hi Sandwich, welcome!
Like your post.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Hey - welcome officially to STP - and I understand the facebook groups (I admin a dkcsc site) so yeah I understand the drama. So cool - where are you headed?

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
welcome to the site man, like tude said, im curious where you want to go?

Current Location
Bisbee, Arizona
Reactions
80% 0% 20%
Im in Bisbee, AZ. Nice tudes towards family and great weather. There's plenty of hippie-like people who wouldnt mind sittin your van here while you beat your feet. PM me.

Current Location
Evans, GA
Website
bloodsweatandpaint.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
You seem like a really cool dude... take care on your travels ~ hope to see you. Oh and my mom has a chill place in northeast Utah she'd let you park at but that's a little outta the way for you I spose. It' s a 2 day trip fom LA to my moms place in UIntah.