Banned Ban issued to user WyldLyfe for posting purposefully offensive and pointless content (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 13433

I deleted myself
I've read this thread, and everything that went along with it, and I was so caught off guard by one single phrase that I agonized about un-deleting my profile here just to voice an opinion, so here it goes.
a] Wyldlyfe actually sent me a PM while I was away from here, and it was actually really nice - I know that's hard to believe, but he wrote something pretty sincere to me, perhaps he saw something which he could relate to.
b] Older Than Dirt brought up some things which I see/seen and completely agree with.
c] this simple phrase - Can't feel bad for a traveler who won't leave a shitty place - well, where have I heard that before.... the old so called blaming the victim trick... or daring to imply that someone take responsibility for their own actions or situation that they are in.

What Wiydlyfe has done, Wiydlyfe has done.

I for one have done some incredibly stupid things too from excess drinking, which thankfully is now a part of my past.

I am sorry I did not reply to his PM to me, perhaps I could have helped him if we were able to keep the dialog strong.

Alcohol has wrecked more lives, and caused more lost friendships/trouble with loved ones than anything else.

I hate what alcohol does to people and what people do under it's influence... and I think that is something we can all agree on.

I for one hope Wyldlyfe can get though the darkness and into the light, but that is something that is way way way easier said than done.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I've read this thread, and everything that went along with it, and I was so caught off guard by one single phrase that I agonized about un-deleting my profile here just to voice an opinion, so here it goes.
a] Wyldlyfe actually sent me a PM while I was away from here, and it was actually really nice - I know that's hard to believe, but he wrote something pretty sincere to me, perhaps he saw something which he could relate to.
b] Older Than Dirt brought up some things which I see/seen and completely agree with.
c] this simple phrase - Can't feel bad for a traveler who won't leave a shitty place - well, where have I heard that before.... the old so called blaming the victim trick... or daring to imply that someone take responsibility for their own actions or situation that they are in.

What Wiydlyfe has done, Wiydlyfe has done.

I for one have done some incredibly stupid things too from excess drinking, which thankfully is now a part of my past.

I am sorry I did not reply to his PM to me, perhaps I could have helped him if we were able to keep the dialog strong.

Alcohol has wrecked more lives, and caused more lost friendships/trouble with loved ones than anything else.

I hate what alcohol does to people and what people do under it's influence... and I think that is something we can all agree on.

I for one hope Wyldlyfe can get though the darkness and into the light, but that is something that is way way way easier said than done.

So you deleted yer profile, continued to keep up to date on stp stuff, saw something that just tickled you so much you undeleted yer profile and decided yo come back?

I really don't think that's ever happend before but hey welcome back! I hope in the future people disagreeing with you won't be taken so personally.

D

Deleted member 13433

I deleted myself
Well, it's not quite that simple - I kind of agonized over it for a couple of days, then I saw that Listicle Prepping update by WildVirtue - and that was the real impulse to come back, because that person is making some incredibly informative posts, and I don't want to miss out on any of them, especially once the journey begins.
But yeah, there was something I read in this thread that kinda caused a short circuit in me here, and I said to myself "you know you're going to pay for it, but if it's got to be said it's got to be said"

The one thing I love about STP is the amount of diversity here, and that is what makes it so great, that there's all kinds of individuals here, and while we may not all get along or see things the same, it's good that we at least get to voice out our opinions and anything else on our minds.

It's like the CRASS ethos: Be who you want to be, do what you want to do.....

It's all good, and yes this past week was a valuable learning experience for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
jeresun