Banned Ban issued to user WyldLyfe for posting purposefully offensive and pointless content (1 Viewer)

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Oh my god a person on the internet doesn't want to be my friend, just as the prophecy foretold. If voicing any disagreement is that big of a deal, why are there public topics for this stuff? Most sites don't have them so I kind of figured this was the reason.

He was brave enough to say what we're all thinking, namely that Dameon should poo his pants and that you guys lick monkey nipples. Don't have to be so serious and dramatic about every little thing. And why are you mentioning the Fevs thing? I thought that while we disagreed you made a fine point and that is was a perfectly fine little back and fourth, all I did was disagree with you. Is that all it takes?

You need a sandwich and a hug or some shit. I'm not here as some weird comedic performance art. I just don't always agree with stuff.
I don't mind disagreements whatsoever. I actually do enjoy a good friendly jostling/debating opposing stances quite a lot. I think I'd actually get bored without it.

It wasn't that you disagreed with me, or anyone for that matter. This site is by no means just about me/my opinions. Matt and I disagree now and then. Slank and I disagree now and then, we had a huge one recently.

People are obviously not all going to share the same views across the board, I'm good with that. I don't want to make it about something it wasn't. It wasn't about you disagreeing. It was that you were defending someone who straight up just said "your boy don't jive with the homos" and got a swastika tattoo big and proud on his chest.

I do believe some people can change but the motherfucker just said the homophobic shit like a month prior and the tattoo hadn't even faded from black to green and you're all "he isn't like that anymore".

So, it's what you disagreed about, not that you disagreed. So I've kinda been put off by you since then. And now in this thread you basically side with wyld and dance on the line of trolling us. I got no problems with people not liking us, but it's kind of ridiculous lately. All the push back against us trying to stifle bigotry.

It just confuses me so much, like isn't there a chat board for bigots somewhere else online? We're never going to allow it, we're not down with it. We never will be. So to stick around a site like this and give us shit for that...? What?

I realize trolling can be fun but being on this side of it, it gets exhausting. I don't dislike you, We've just disagreed a couple times. I'm certainly not getting off on the idea of banning you. I'd get off way more on getting along with you, really.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
on a plateau between the mountains and the plains
If he was having a shit time in Melbourne and that's why he was being a shitwad then maybe he could.... Travel... Away...? Like a traveler? On a website full of info of how to travel? In a country I've heard is real easy to hitch n live outside in and get gov assistance in?
Can't feel bad for a traveler who won't leave a shitty place.
the shittiest place is inside one's head ijs, "wherever you go there you are", not saying hoodilidoo this guy vs that guy, but "just leaving" isn't going to solve some folk's problems

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Website
www.ebay.com
He may have been onto a deeper underlying point if he hadn't acted emotionally, to the point of trolling. There is definite implications throughout STP and the broader radical community that what is preached is not actually practiced. This implies that when we call out the y's, ers, ists, isms and izers, we're simply posturing and acting in self-interest, doing what's expected of us within our peer group or scene. This goes way back to super old schools of cynical thought claiming there is no sincerity or good in human motives. Like on the streets- do we really take a stand and fight for what we believe in or is it only through a keyboard, vicariously?

I''d wager very few of us are self-disciplined enough to TOTALLY avoid feelings like hate, racism, bias, competition, selfishness, drama, etc. - by nature.

Older Than Dirt

I've been muted for 30 days.
muted
This implies that when we call out the y's, ers, ists, isms and izers, we're simply posturing and acting in self-interest, doing what's expected of us within our peer group or scene.
Oh, surely not!

Mods are the Thin Blue Line standing between The Kids, and hordes of Nazi transphobic posters of pooping rhinos and pictures of Dio.

They are the sole force protecting The Kids from these dark forces that would otherwise surely overwhelm a forum with six active mods, and maybe 20 -30 posts, and five-ten new topics, on a busy day, without their ceaseless vigilance.

Banning 27 people in the last year represents heroic restraint and incredible tolerance by these hard-pressed guardians of anarchist misfit travelers.

As George Orwell did not quite say "Dirty kids post peaceably on StP only because rough men stand ready to ban alleged Nazis and rhino-poop memes on their behalf."

Thank god for their heroic sacrifice- did you know they are unpaid volunteers?

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Yet you just can't get enough of it.

Like, I'm gonna go to a restaurant and the food they serve me is gonna be complete dog shit right. I'm gonna be very unsatisfied with it, I'm gonna take it up with the staff and even the owner. Gonna give them a piece of my mind, tell em exactly how much I don't like their food. But you know what? I'm gonna go back just about every single day for more! Even after the staff and owner all make it very clear they're definitely not gonna change the menu to better suit my taste. I'm just gonna keep going back, shovel that dog shit into my gullet, swish it around my mouth and bitch about how much I don't like it and fuckin A right I'm going back tomorrow for more.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
If he was having a shit time in Melbourne and that's why he was being a shitwad then maybe he could.... Travel... Away...? Like a traveler? On a website full of info of how to travel? In a country I've heard is real easy to hitch n live outside in and get gov assistance in?
Can't feel bad for a traveler who won't leave a shitty place.
I want to just reiterate what @roughdraft said. Not everyone on here is currently traveling. We have an 'Off the road, The In-Between, and General Banter' sections for a reason.

I would imagine that it is getting harder for travelers around the world to get around due to the Corona virus thing.

As much as I hate on Homebums sometimes, I understand why some people could get caught up in the routine, especially if they are able to survive/better themselves for it. Let's not judge too hard on how people live their lives.

Touching on the comments about Wyldlyfe starting to drink again, this is definitely an issue related to this thread. We have many a person on this website struggling with, or living with mental illness or substance abuse (I deal with it myself). That is an issue I try to take into account, but there is a point where other peoples actions have to be mentioned/dealt with because it is hurting/taking advantage of others.

Hence the recent 'permanent ban' thread. We (staff) are not out to just fucking ban people because they disagree with us, there is alot that we take into account how users actions in question have to do with the community over all.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, surely not!

Mods are the Thin Blue Line standing between The Kids, and hordes of Nazi transphobic posters of pooping rhinos and pictures of Dio.

They are the sole force protecting The Kids from these dark forces that would otherwise surely overwhelm a forum with six active mods, and maybe 20 -30 posts, and five-ten new topics, on a busy day, without their ceaseless vigilance.

Banning 27 people in the last year represents heroic restraint and incredible tolerance by these hard-pressed guardians of anarchist misfit travelers.

As George Orwell did not quite say "Dirty kids post peaceably on StP only because rough men stand ready to ban alleged Nazis and rhino-poop memes on their behalf."

Thank god for their heroic sacrifice- did you know they are unpaid volunteers?
Oh for satan's sake! Another example of being mellow dramatic!

*see my above post*

Older Than Dirt

muted
Yet you just can't get enough of it.
Yes, the sole reason anyone might want to participate here is the fine quality of Our Heroic Mods' heroic moderation. Especially yours.

No one is here for the camping gear discussions, or bike touring discussions, or hitchhiking discussions, or punk rock discussions, or jokes, or ...

No, let's just admit, it is the sheer raw charisma, and studly protectiveness, of The Mods that is the real lure, for me personally, and for everyone else here.

The fact that i am posting here now is only because your personal protection makes me feel so darn safe. Get wise to yourself, son.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Also, @Older Than Dirt this issue has been brought up in SOOOOO many threads, that the mods are somehow working to conform everyone to their views.

That is ludacris. It all comes down to me (as you have mentioned before) not identifying as an anarchist. To have an anarchist community (in my idea), you pretty much have some anarchists who can get along with each other, and, in that community, being an anarchistic one, they would have views that are inclusive of that community.

If you have a few people that are yelling "Fag, Homo, Men have penises, and women have vaginas!" And some well respected members of that community are deeply offended by that, would you, as a member of that community, come out against those people? Or allow it to continue, and your friends to have to deal with that, or leave?

Is it any different than someone who shows up and is like, "Fascism is the answer! All the rest of you non-white people are fucking wrong, and the one true race will prevail!"?

It comes down to who you are choosing to be a part of your community. Why would you want to live with people who are constantly hurting your friends?

The best thing to do, IMO, would be to educate the others, and try to persuade them that their actions are hurtful to others. And if they cant get behind that, it is their own fucking deal. GTFO of our house.

There is no giant conspiracy theory that there is a huge deep state trying to promote equality to emasculate/de-feminize people. Or to turn everyone into a LGBTQ person.

Last edited:

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Yes, the sole reason anyone might want to participate here is the fine quality of Our Heroic Mods' heroic moderation. Especially yours.

No one is here for the camping gear discussions, or bike touring discussions, or hitchhiking discussions, or punk rock discussions, or jokes, or ...

No, let's just admit, it is the sheer raw charisma, and studly protectiveness, of The Mods that is the real lure, for me personally, and for everyone else here.

The fact that i am posting here now is only because your personal protection makes me feel so darn safe. Get wise to yourself, son.
Ok allow me to rephrase that. I'm gonna go to a restaurant where the food is good but the service is trash. There's a few other restaurants right next to this one but I really hate the service here. The owner is a dick, and I really hate that one waiter. But instead of going next door where the service might be better.. nah, I'm just gonna beat all the dead horses around this bitch.

You mean to tell me there isn't anywhere else to talk about bikes and punk music and hitchhiking on the internet? Would you like some fucking links?

Older Than Dirt

muted
Coywolf, i certainly don't include you in any of my comments about mall-cop-ism.

I do identify as an anarchist and have for most of my life. My experience of anarchist culture, anarchist spaces, and anarchist activity has seldom involved much of people agreeing about much. Everyone argued about everything all the time.

i can't recall anyone ever getting physically ejected from any anarchist meeting or space i've ever been in, but probably no one but committed anarchists has the patience to put up with such endless meetings.

But until very recently this concept of "safe spaces", not in the sense of places of physical safety, but in the sense of spaces where speech is policed with sufficient vigor that no one will ever encounter anything they might be "deeply offended" by, was not part of anarchist culture.

I don't think it is a positive development. What we used to do when folks said things that offended us, or people we cared about, was tell them they were assholes and/or ignore them. Well, fine, if they were Nazis, we beat the shit out of them, but not because we were "offended".

And maybe banning some people is necessary. I think this place is way over-policed. The mods clearly could not give a shit about my opinion. This will not cause me any terrible sadness.

Lupo- Your analogies continue to suck. More like "There's this restaurant that i like a lot, that has these jerk bouncers with an attitude, but the food, and vibe, and service, and of course the crowd they get, are so danged good, sometimes it's worth it."

Last edited:

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Coywolf, i certainly don't include you in any of my comments about mall-cop-ism.

I do identify as an anarchist and have for most of my life. My experience of anarchist culture, anarchist spaces, and anarchist activity has seldom involved much of people agreeing about much. Everyone argued about everything all the time.

i can't recall anyone ever getting physically ejected from any anarchist meeting or space i've ever been in, but probably no one but committed anarchists has the patience to put up with such endless meetings.

But until very recently this concept of "safe spaces", not in the sense of places of physical safety, but in the sense of spaces where speech is policed with sufficient vigor that no one will ever encounter anything they might be "deeply offended" by, was not part of anarchist culture.

I don't think it is a positive development. What we used to do when folks said things that offended us, or people we cared about, was tell them they were assholes and/or ignore them.

Lupo- Your analogies continue to suck. More like "There's this restaurant that i like a lot, that has these jerk bouncers with an attitude, but the food, and vibe, and service, and of course the crowd they get, are so danged good, sometimes it's worth it."
It's worth what? Putting up with the bouncers? So you accept it's a trade off? Great, we're getting somewhere. Now all you gotta do is figure out the really obvious shit, nothing is going to change based on any complaints you make here. But keep beating that horse. You're totally making a difference!

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok allow me to rephrase that. I'm gonna go to a restaurant where the food is good but the service is trash. There's a few other restaurants right next to this one but I really hate the service here. The owner is a dick, and I really hate that one waiter. But instead of going next door where the service might be better.. nah, I'm just gonna beat all the dead horses around this bitch.

You mean to tell me there isn't anywhere else to talk about bikes and punk music and hitchhiking on the internet? Would you like some fucking links?
To touch on some of that:

This site is, even if subtle, important to many people. That isint me trying to fluff my ass-feathers, that is me saying that some people's traveling...careers? If you can call it that...have been shaped around the information they have found here. We are aiming for that to continue. A place for people from all aspects of life to share information and benefit themselves as a traveler.

For that to happen we have to maintain that a sense of reputation.

I can just see the "Oh fuck, yall got a reputation to uphold? How god damned housie of you!"

Naw. Go over to R/vagabond or some FB groups to see what I am talking about. You'll find it.

If you want to hang out with the hoppers that spray paint "white power" under overpasses, or the homebums that beat up trans people, or the 30 yo crusties that are in 'relationships' with 16 year olds, there are many places for that. Not here.

Older Than Dirt

muted
Yes, it is totally reasonable to conclude that a person saying "Moderation around here is sometimes heavy-handed, and Officer Lupo has the mind, vocabulary, and speech-patterns of a mall-cop" is a person who "want(s) to hang out with the hoppers that spray paint "white power" under overpasses, or the homebums that beat up trans people, or the 30 yo crusties that are in 'relationships' with 16 year olds".

And before you get even more bent out of shape, Lupo, you are among my favorite posters when you are talking about trains or anything that isn't being the Thin Blue Line. But when you get into that role, you get a different way of speaking.

Last edited:

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
You should totally run a poll, ask the community if they feel the same way you do about me. If you get over 50% support backing your views about me over the course of say 30 days so everyone gets a chance to vote... I'll totally step down AND apologize to you publicly.

And don't go all lawyer on me building your case with links. You're just gonna cherry pick while leaving out all the positive interactions I've had here with people. So let's not play that game. People around here already know me, they already have their own opinions. You don't need to sway them like a jury.

Just hit em with a basic "I think this mod is a bully and he's offered to fall onto my sword if the majority of the community agrees with me that he's a bully. Cast your votes, let's get this guy outta here" and let them make up their minds on it.

I don't throw this challenge down because I have some delusional belief that people around here like me and I'll be fine from such a poll. I'm suggesting you do it because I want what's best for this community first and foremost.

So if 51% of this community doesn't want me to mod, I wouldn't want to mod anymore. I believe the community should be able to create the environment they want, and if they feel like I'm a bully.. man I couldn't possibly step down fast enough after learning that's how they feel as a whole.

So let's get that poll going hey!

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
This is getting incredibly off topic. If anyone would like to create another thread to continue this discussion further, they are welcome to.

Unless this discussion is DIRECTLY related to the banned thread, we will remove/move it.

Older Than Dirt

muted
I'll totally step down AND apologize to you publicly.
Now who's making with the melodrama? Maybe instead just a few moments of reflection as to whether it is actually necessary to say stuff like "i got your bags packed, buddy boy" etc?

And whether claiming to want input from folks who post here, but then flying off the handle, and pig-piling on, anyone who criticizes you, makes sense? Notice that every negative rating on my comments here (at least so far) comes from mods, and every positive one from we, the policed.

At least here, mods have made it more than clear that they do not give a shit what i have to say, which is more honest.

Done posting in this thread unless someone wants to go after me again. I've said what i have to say, you don't give a shit. OK.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Website
youtu.be
And before you get even more bent out of shape, Lupo, you are among my favorite posters when you are talking about trains or anything that isn't being the Thin Blue Line. But when you get into that role, you get a different way of speaking.
I think we had to have this whole thing out to reach this statement here. Or at least, I wasn't interested in hearing anything you had to say until you summed it up like this. This last portion definitely speaks volumes.

I don't think you'd say "I really like your posts normally but when you mod you're different" if there wasn't some type of truth to it. I'm not saying ok yeah you're right, but you've put it in a way that makes me sort of question the validity and I'm going to try and slow myself down when in mod mode and make sure I'm not representing myself differently than at other times.

Like it sounds like you're saying I'm power tripping. That's the last type of mod I'm trying to be. I don't know if you're right or wrong but my ego isn't so fragile that I can't at very least give it some consideration. I'll eat a couple slices of humble pie. Maybe there's some truth to what you're saying.

Guaranteed at least one mod is gonna be disgusted with me for giving this one to you but that's ok. It's more important to me that I'm being the best version of myself that I can be, that I'm open to criticism and willing to try and learn/grow from it. It's important to me that I'm leaving this world with way more positive interactions with people than negative.

I more or less wrote this to you in a PM already because we decided this was all off topic and I didn't wanna add more to it but it felt kinda chicken shit to not say this same thing publicly.

Anyway, last derailed comment.. dirty scouts honor.

Older Than Dirt

muted
Damn, i was just coming here to say that Lupo PMed me and we are currently crying and hugging and fellating each other in PMs, but dude beat me to it. Even classier than his PM to go public.

Beef squashed; i thought i said what broke the cognitive dam before, but obviously framing my beef by pointing out that Lupo is a hilarious motherfucker when he is talking about trains (or fistfucking. or his old band, or whatever that ain't moddin') helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
oogaBooga