Banned Ban issued to user Valdice for being a shithead to people IRL (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
so for the first time probably in StP's history, i think i've had to finally ban someone for purely being a fucking oogle idiot.

validce has been a problem in the StP discord for some time now, not really breaking any rules per se, but definitely being annoying in the sense that he ignored just about everyone's advice even after asking for it. he was highly defensive even to the most basic questions like 'where's your destination', etc. typical 'i know better than you' (even though im asking you a question) oogle bs, combined with countless other offenses (he really liked to brag about how many girls he was hooking up with) that just served to irritate everyone else trying to have a normal conversation.

this basically all culminated into valdice meeting up with another user and then complaining the entire time until they parted ways for the day; from what i gather, at that point validce got mad and tracked the other person down where they got into a fight and valdice punched the other person. now, this is usually the kind of drama i try to steer clear of here on stp and let users handle on their own, but in this situation, a user (valdice) was pretty much trolling the discord chat near 24/7, and then causing in real life issues for other people that were unfortunate enough to meet up with them.

since stp basically facilitated this meetup, i feel like it is my responsibility to remove this user's access to the StP website and discord in order to protect our community from further negative interactions. i feel like this falls in line with our general 'don't be a dick' rule, since this guy was clearly being a huge asshole, and people like that don't deserve a place in this community.

in line with our transparency policy for banning accounts, i am including a copy of the chat logs from 7/28/19 to 7/29/19 in which this incident occurred. it is in html format inside a zip file, so you'll have to unzip it and view it with a web browser if you want to see the actual chat that went down. this is the only way i could export the chat for documenting here.

Attachments

Last edited:

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
nowhere important
that was definitely a good move on the ban, i do not think anyone is tryin to hear unreasonable whining or get punched

Last edited:

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
that was definitely a good move on the ban, i do not think anyone is tryin to hear unreasonable whining or get punched

Oof.
I agree with the ban; this is NOT a fucking fight club Meetup site.

That being said, I kinda WISH someone would try to punch me for no reason/stupid reasons.

I'm quite fighty tonight. 🤘😁🤘

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
nowhere important
Oof.

That being said, I kinda WISH someone would try to punch me for no reason/stupid reasons.

yeah i kinda reconsidered my whole anti-punching stance after the post, a nice consentual punch to the chest or two, i think you know what im sayin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Oof.

Oh Great Warrior!!!

Meet me at the baseball diamond behind the great HALL of sustenance and ale!! (AlDI supermarket!::woot::)

We shall clash Hammar and Shield with a roar to the sky above so no mortal shall mistake our Glorious Arrival in Valhalla!!

::eyepatch::

.......\\\\//////////

Obvious ban,,,,

dude deserved it.

Comon folks... learn to be decent eh??
Must be something with society nowadays...

I remember watching hercules with kevin sorbo as a kid and wanting to be just as good, heroic, and decent as a greek demigod.

comon kids... learn your morals... kay!

hehe... peace.

D

Deleted member 25804

I deleted myself
I tried to be cool to that kid, but he just kept blowing it.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
This might be the wrong place to ask this he but oi what the fuck a google?
Google (gu-Gull) Noun:

1. Popular internet search platform

2. A person who levels up their Oogledom from IRL to cyberspace via a Tron-like process, thereby blowing up every good spot on the internet. Can usually be found trolling r/Vagabond

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
This might be the wrong place to ask this he but oi what the fuck a google?
if you mean what is an oogle, here you go:

definition #2 seems the most accurate to me.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Holy shit, lol, Matt that is one of the greatest things I've ever read:

"Tweekers and 'juggalos' are doomed to be oogles for all of eternity."

And this:

"Oogles don't know shit about squatting. these are the kids that sleep in doorways. You find them in every city."

And this, ouch:

"Yeah, that oogle got murdered cause he was too stupid to find a safe place to sleep, some jock rolled him in his sleeping bag outside of the library."

Some of those definitions are awful. Like someone trying to define "irony"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Headed to seattle soon lets hope the trains aren't too cold.
I caught a fucking cold at 2AM this morning, still sleepless...

I'm the Chairman of the Board.
MFB wrote on slaapkaamers's profile.
I hosted Lilith/@slaapkaamers for 3 nights in Nov 19.
She was an exemplary guest. Good w both conversing and alone time. Trustworthy, didnt steal anything and I felt very comfortable leaving her alone at my place. She didnt stink and not a junky.
Lilith is a legit traveller, she's a sweet, artistic chick w lots of good and interesting ideas to chat about. A pleasure to host. If she's in your neck of the woods you should help her out. 😉
I have a pretty good new squat in sfe but im leaving soon if anyone wants the keys lmk.
The peavine is gorgeous, I highly recommend that route.
Fucking winter snuck up this year
Damn It! I've been thinking and debating about applying for a position as an Amtrash locomotive engineer! They have openings for Salt Lake City, UT and St. Cloud, MN. I know I got to go through training but I'll be on call 24/7? There goes my sex life and night time weekend parties! Screw that, I'll play with my train set-No Pun=No Joke!
Made back up into Cincy for the weekend. Gonna chill with some homies before we head west for the winter..

Staff online

• Tude
    Sometimes traveler is traveling.

Members online