back out and fucking hate it | Squat the Planet

back out and fucking hate it

daveycrockett

Reaction score
left my house for the past 9 months or so living with a woman as of last week. It seems thats how it goes i date someone and work and am ok until the relationship ends and then i am back out on the streets. I hate being out but keep ending up here for most of my adult life or 15 or so whatever you want to call it. I would work and not drink and am a decent person but all things come to an end I just hate being put back out into the streets feeling like shit every day. I dont want to travel anymore i want to work and have my own place but im fucked up right now and fucking bummed out. The other day im at the bus stop in nyc not knowing to go north or south and thinking to myself i dont want to slip back into the same life i have been living forever but it seems to be going that way. Fucking hate this shit.

Joni

Reaction score
if you want to work.... well there will be jobs down south in a month or two. harvest work, renfaires, touristy work, etc. its out there man. in the north if youo want to freeze there is shoveling snow and other holiday seasonal work. if i were homeless this time of year in nyc and didn't like the cold i would go south.

Reactions: enocifer

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
left my house for the past 9 months or so living with a woman as of last week. It seems thats how it goes i date someone and work and am ok until the relationship ends and then i am back out on the streets. I hate being out but keep ending up here for most of my adult life or 15 or so whatever you want to call it. I would work and not drink and am a decent person but all things come to an end I just hate being put back out into the streets feeling like shit every day. I dont want to travel anymore i want to work and have my own place but im fucked up right now and fucking bummed out. The other day im at the bus stop in nyc not knowing to go north or south and thinking to myself i dont want to slip back into the same life i have been living forever but it seems to be going that way. Fucking hate this shit.
sounds like the start to a new life to me,keep on not wanting it and work towards your goal

daveycrockett

Reaction score
thanks, im just on the brink of losing any mindset ive learned in the past 9 mos or so and dont want to lose it. I want to keep working and stay here in ny. im just bummed and see myself slipping fast.

• Useful
Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
thanks, im just on the brink of losing any mindset ive learned in the past 9 mos or so and dont want to lose it. I want to keep working and stay here in ny. im just bummed and see myself slipping fast.
Since you see it & admit it,that's the best way to get out of it !

R

Roosterruler

You got this, man. You don't have to slip. You don't have to end up on the streets.
There are a lot of resources out there for folks who are willing to work (heck, you don't even have to want to - but I salute that you seem to be eager to do that as a means of taking control of your life).

Were you saving up any money before that you can rely on now as you get things going?
You said that you were working - the job didn't leave with the roof, did it? Can you still keep running with that and start small. Get your own place, start to make it feel like home, develop and control the rhythms of your own life.

A lot of us have started from Square 1 and worked our way up. Things can and will work out.

If that's what you want to do, do it.

Find folks (or use us) to keep you on track if you feel like you're slipping ("loosing any mindset learned"). Write down what that is. Write out some goals. Staying in NY is doable. Keeping work is doable. Identify what encourages slipping (certain people? alcohol? habbits?) and see if you can self discipline to stay away from that.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
thanks, just bummed out and hate losing everything, both jobs, girl, house. Now im back on the street depressed as hell. Guess it just takes time to start a new situation.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You can do it !

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Life goes on, some people don't

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Glad you're out & free, stay free, in all accounts !

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You've been here before & have gotten another place, which will happen, once again !

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads