Back on the streets | Squat the Planet

Back on the streets

GremIin

Reaction score
Ive been on the streets before, (my parents kicked me out when I was 16) but i was always with at least a couple people and we always found a warm place to sleep. Nervous to start hitchhiking and walking by myself, but also really excited! I'd love to meet up with someone who would be willing to help me out and show me a few tricks. Traveling from Ontario to the US.

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Hey friend, welcome!

Definitely try to find a road dog to show you the way and someone you can trust to protect you and you'll do the same for them. Unfortunately, being a female is also a lot harder when you are alone on the streets because girls are targeted more often. We have a whole forum section for that on here, so we can search around and see if anyone is in your area. :)

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
thanks! im really new to this site and dont know my way around it yet.. how do i find the forum?

For sure! So if you go to the homepage and scroll down, all of the different discussion sections are listed there. The road dogs section with other people looking for a traveling buddy can be found here: https://squattheplanet.com/road-dogs/

And then you might even want to check out the rides offered/wanted threads as well fi you're looking for a ride to already be lined up for your travels to the US: https://squattheplanet.com/ride-board/

GremIin

Reaction score

Will Wood

Reaction score
Ive been on the streets before, (my parents kicked me out when I was 16) but i was always with at least a couple people and we always found a warm place to sleep. Nervous to start hitchhiking and walking by myself, but also really excited! I'd love to meet up with someone who would be willing to help me out and show me a few tricks. Traveling from Ontario to the US.
Good luck from the Boulder area..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads