Back in the Saddle

W

WanderScoop

Well, everything has sort of fallen apart here again and I'm headed East with what's left of my life in my truck to just... do something else. I don't have any specifics right now or expectations for the first time in my life and its actually a pretty awesome feeling. Terrifying, but also pretty liberating and a hell of a lot better than living with someone you don't love any longer I suppose. I've lurked on here for awhile, but I figured it would be better to just make a account instead of being a creep.

Anyway, whatever advice you'd like to share would be totally appreciated! :)

Side thoughts:

Has anyone ever had any problems with cops or travelers because of your non-binary status?

Can a tarp over a truck bed secured with ropes make a workable shelter till I can find a canopy or a van?

Durp

Reaction score
If you have the truck, yes you can use a tarp, find a canopy. I know of 2 for free where I am at now. I rather have a truck then a van because they are easier to work on and fix. Expect trouble from travelers and cops, be grateful if you never face any.

Reactions: Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
"Terrifying and liberating" - I've had those words in my conversations some time ago. I wish you well my friend. If ya get to NY - I have a lovely place here to rest a while and put your feet up. :) Be safe and do stay in touch :)

W

WanderScoop

Best of luck and welcome!

Thank you kindly!

If you have the truck, yes you can use a tarp, find a canopy. I know of 2 for free where I am at now. I rather have a truck then a van because they are easier to work on and fix. Expect trouble from travelers and cops, be grateful if you never face any.

I've been trying to craigslist one, but I have a truck with a weird sized bed that's why I asked about the tarp. I sure hope your wrong about the trouble with people...

"Terrifying and liberating" - I've had those words in my conversations some time ago. I wish you well my friend. If ya get to NY - I have a lovely place here to rest a while and put your feet up. :) Be safe and do stay in touch :)

Thank you! Maybe our paths will cross someday, who knows?

Kal

Reaction score
Since I have been traveling I have not had to much trouble with other travelers or cops but one must be careful at all times.

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Since I have been traveling I have not had to much trouble with other travelers or cops but one must be careful at all times.

I just have a feeling, Kal, that no one will mess with you.

Don't know why, but I do.

::smug::

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads