Video - Awesome new documentery " I Am Another You" | Squat the Planet

Video Awesome new documentery " I Am Another You"

Reaction score
There is this pretty damn good doc about this street kid with an enigmatic personality (Dylan). Filmed by a Chinese immigrant chick (her name is Nanfu which i am slightly jealous of) who lives the homeless lifestyle in order to film the realities of the life. She follows his struggles and progression for a few years. It shows both the romance and the hard reality of living a home-free lifestyle. Here is a link to the trailor which explains it better than I can . You can catch on PBS independent lens in full here http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/i-am-another-you/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

seems like a pretty interesting trailer. i always like seeing videos of people who arnt familiar with the lifestyle kinda going gonzo and really getting down and dirty to make films.

Reactions: NightWalk

roamingsnake

Reaction score
God this looks incredible! Any idea where I can stream it?
It's on Kanopy! You might have to search 'Kanopy' and then enter the name in the search bar, but Kanopy is a free website where all you need is a library card, then you get 5 free credits to watch any video each month.

BEWARE: Once you click play, even on a short, it costs a credit. Movies without an older rating/in the kids section might not cost a credit anymore? I have yet to test this further though.

Many libraries are offering temporary online cards since they've closed down (at least in NJ I've seen signs about this), so that might be a route to take to access the movie. Some libraries have different movies, so it's possible you won't have access to it depending on the county, but there's a good chance you still might anyway.

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
It's on Kanopy! You might have to search 'Kanopy' and then enter the name in the search bar, but Kanopy is a free website where all you need is a library card, then you get 5 free credits to watch any video each month.

BEWARE: Once you click play, even on a short, it costs a credit. Movies without an older rating/in the kids section might not cost a credit anymore? I have yet to test this further though.

Many libraries are offering temporary online cards since they've closed down (at least in NJ I've seen signs about this), so that might be a route to take to access the movie. Some libraries have different movies, so it's possible you won't have access to it depending on the county, but there's a good chance you still might anyway.

Good looking out! I'll look into it. Thank you!

roamingsnake

Reaction score
@Tengu91 No problem! Kanopy is great for documentaries in general, and it's how I made it through a few classes (while I was still in college) without having to shell out even more money to watch required media at home.

There are also some classic/contemporary movies on there as well as additional documentaries on niche subjects that are well worth the watch if you don't mind a little digging. =)

• Useful
Reactions: Shit Beetle

Dmac

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, this looks like an interesting show.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads