[Aug 30, 2013] Muddy Roots Festival (Cookeville, TN)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
mrmf2013_poster.jpg

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Holly molly there is so much music here I have never even heard of or discovered....now I know whats wrong with listening to the radio.

That is an awesome playbill...

If by some miracle I'm on the road...

astralpunk

Reaction score
Website
www.kmescobedo.blogspot.com

OrganVile

Reaction score
Odin, one of the great things about Muddy Roots(other than the amazing music and sense of community) is the lack of the normal hippie festival goers. Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ruin my favorite part of the year by bringing your spiny little fire balls and acid with you. Maybe I'm just being an asshole, but this just truly worries me.
I dont want to see this great event based off of the love for roots music turn into just another weekend of people looking for cheap drugs...

Reactions: fkntrisarahtops

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ruin my favorite part of the year by bringing your spiny little fire balls and acid with you. Maybe I'm just being an asshole, but this just truly worries me.

no problem chief... ;)

I'd have to be an acid droppin hippie to do that. lol But I don't fit into such an nice and neat category.

I like all kinds of music... but I don't take my music seriously...
Maybe I should learn an instrument.
My whiskey jar doesn't count.
::wtf::

Reactions: OrganVile
P

pigpen

Odin, one of the great things about Muddy Roots(other than the amazing music and sense of community) is the lack of the normal hippie festival goers. Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ruin my favorite part of the year by bringing your spiny little fire balls and acid with you. Maybe I'm just being an asshole, but this just truly worries me.
I dont want to see this great event based off of the love for roots music turn into just another weekend of people looking for cheap drugs...

what's wrong with fire spinning and cheap drugs??

i usually get pissed of by artificial light and expensive drugs…..

D

Deleted member 20

Let's not get all preachy here. It's not like its anyone or groups festival. If they want to do drugs so be it! What if the consensus was to stop underage binge drinking at concerts. At age 18 it must be hard to advocate "Whiskey, pbr & good ole moonshine & not drugs to protect a concert you just became old enough to attend without adult supervision. People will do what they do. They already ruined fake ass woodstock. I hope all who attends has a good time doing whatever substances they do or don't do.

fkntrisarahtops

Reaction score
Let's not get all preachy here. It's not like its anyone or groups festival. If they want to do drugs so be it! What if the consensus was to stop underage binge drinking at concerts. At age 18 it must be hard to advocate "Whiskey, pbr & good ole moonshine & not drugs to protect a concert you just became old enough to attend without adult supervision. People will do what they do. They already ruined fake ass woodstock. I hope all who attends has a good time doing whatever substances they do or don't do.
Whatever you do is not to my worry, all that is being said is you will be looked down at for using drugs or talking about them. This is family festival, full of wonderful people and their children from all over. This isn't a trip fest or any sort of lighting festival. This festival is specifically for keeping underground roots music alive along with its original traditions of home cooked food, dancing, music, and yes moonshine for the late night desert. No one is preaching and no one is judging, we are just letting all of those who would like to attend know what's its going to be like. I wouldn't have posted this event if I didn't want others to come, it's just a little different than your typical hippie fest.

D

Deleted member 20

I see. I actually hate hippies (ps this isn't exactly a hippy site but I'm sure all are welcome). I don't do drugs or even smoke yes 420 is still a drug in my perverted mind. I don't spin fire or play with glowsticks either. Just trying to fight elitism & intollerance. One would think that goin to a fest in bumfuck Tenn with the possibility of being surrounded by many drunk ass rednecks would disuade some from going. Not me since that actually sounds like a shit ton of fun for me. Just like when us traveling drunk punx go to rainbow gatherings. It's the diversity that makes it interesting. I'm almost positive that some of the good ole boys from Tenn attending muddy roots will be on pyschadelics & other drugs there & actually prob love fire & lights too but will be casually camoflauged in plaid shirts,denim & truckers hats. Well since I do love traveling, PBR, music & fests I will be attending in the spirit of just such diversity. Ps I have been illegally drinking in bars since age 14 if I came off abit preachy earlier.

fkntrisarahtops

Reaction score
I see. I actually hate hippies (ps this isn't exactly a hippy site but I'm sure all are welcome). I don't do drugs or even smoke yes 420 is still a drug in my perverted mind. I don't spin fire or play with glowsticks either. Just trying to fight elitism & intollerance. One would think that goin to a fest in bumfuck Tenn with the possibility of being surrounded by many drunk ass rednecks would disuade some from going. Not me since that actually sounds like a shit ton of fun for me. Just like when us traveling drunk punx go to rainbow gatherings. It's the diversity that makes it interesting. I'm almost positive that some of the good ole boys from Tenn attending muddy roots will be on pyschadelics & other drugs there & actually prob love fire & lights too but will be casually camoflauged in plaid shirts,denim & truckers hats. Well since I do love traveling, PBR, music & fests I will be attending in the spirit of just such diversity. Ps I have been illegally drinking in bars since age 14 if I came off abit preachy earlier.

Its an amazing experience and you'll have a hell of a time, don't forget to try the gator from the elderly miss in the RV! (two thumbs up!)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads