Attn to all squatters

castler

Reaction score
Normally I don't bother the hobo population and let them carry out their biz, but it really irks me how hobos in gen conduct themselves while squatting in public view. Ok, you decide to squat under a bridge downtown, or along the rail line I get it, but damn the way (not pointing fingers at anyone here), but just saying you can't leave trash in excess and even crap your hauling like (IDK mattresses, camp stove equip. Or even discarded treasures you pull out of the dump). I noticed along a rail line here in Indy the city/csx actually plowed the trees along the exact spot some hobos were camping at.(they did this at the river area as well several decades ago). Pretty huge way to say you've been evicted. They left a massive amount of debris in plain site and that's why places (esp the good ones) get razed, bldgs get demolished cuz of bad hobo practice.

All I'm saying is clean up after yourself. I've been at a underpass right along the rail line next to a grainery for like 2mo and they don't say shit to me. My area is clean, no-one bothers me. Despite traffic overhead,(auto noise/pollution) I stare at the rail line most of the day yada yada.

I even had 2 cop cars show up for really no reason but they pulled back there where I was but talked to the engineer who just happened to be back there in their yard switcher and more less told them to get lost. The lead car even had his light bar activated.(ready for action). The grainery know I don't bother them and let me be.

NY installed them special razor sharp elevated ring things on their heating grates to prevent people from sleeping comfortably on them. Even NY don't like hobos, we are a menace and nuisance to society.

Just a heads up otherwise soon it'll be hard to squat any damn where.

Rant over.
Interesting article on anti homeless solutions

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
not sure why the 'news and blogs' prefix was on there, i removed it.

Antiwork

Reaction score
Normally I don't bother the hobo population and let them carry out their biz, but it really irks me how hobos in gen conduct themselves while squatting in public view. Ok, you decide to squat under a bridge downtown, or along the rail line I get it, but damn the way (not pointing fingers at anyone here), but just saying you can't leave trash in excess and even crap your hauling like (IDK mattresses, camp stove equip. Or even discarded treasures you pull out of the dump). I noticed along a rail line here in Indy the city/csx actually plowed the trees along the exact spot some hobos were camping at.(they did this at the river area as well several decades ago). Pretty huge way to say you've been evicted. They left a massive amount of debris in plain site and that's why places (esp the good ones) get razed, bldgs get demolished cuz of bad hobo practice.

All I'm saying is clean up after yourself. I've been at a underpass right along the rail line next to a grainery for like 2mo and they don't say shit to me. My area is clean, no-one bothers me. Despite traffic overhead,(auto noise/pollution) I stare at the rail line most of the day yada yada.

I even had 2 cop cars show up for really no reason but they pulled back there where I was but talked to the engineer who just happened to be back there in their yard switcher and more less told them to get lost. The lead car even had his light bar activated.(ready for action). The grainery know I don't bother them and let me be.

NY installed them special razor sharp elevated ring things on their heating grates to prevent people from sleeping comfortably on them. Even NY don't like hobos, we are a menace and nuisance to society.

Rant over.

Cities have always been cruel to the houseless population regardless of their actions. I agree it's important to be clean in public and not leave trash, those are all important points people need to remember and take seriously, but blaming hobos for NY installing devices to keep people on the street from staying warm is like blaming protestors for police violence.

leaves

Reaction score
the problem is tweakers. very big difference.

they ruin everything. theyve got that midas touch

I've seen a beautiful, verdant area of forest get turned into a tweaker camp in the space of 3 months. they dragged in everything- mattresses, refrigerators, shopping carts, tents, clothes, mountains and mountains of trash. they're so geeked out they just hoard trash for no reason. makes me sad for them really, but goddamn I hate seeing people disrespect nature like that. went back recently and i guess a crew came in and tossed out all the mattresses and fridges. wonder how that went down.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Are you mistaking hobos for tweaker homebums? I guess there's some occasional crossover but it just seems like your beef is more with homebums than those riding freight. I've never met a rider that discards old dirty mattresses in their wake.

sevedemanos

Reaction score
I've seen a beautiful, verdant area of forest get turned into a tweaker camp in the space of 3 months. they dragged in everything- mattresses, refrigerators, shopping carts, tents, clothes, mountains and mountains of trash. they're so geeked out they just hoard trash for no reason. makes me sad for them really, but goddamn I hate seeing people disrespect nature like that. went back recently and i guess a crew came in and tossed out all the mattresses and fridges. wonder how that went down.

its ridiculous. theyre like, the inevitable natural parasite to catch out spots. always looking for shit we left behind. then the spot evolves into their hangout and youll come back through the following year and its a fucking tent city. and their numbers seem to just grow every year. its been really problematic bc most of us dont roll around with a crew and have too many other better things to get to than waste time looking for trouble w these creepy lowlifes usually fresh out of jail.. so we wind up migrating further out into the open where you cant even feasibly build a fire or stash your shit anywhere anymore and its really sad.

02F5722C-59F0-44A7-986A-710AE59B8E0C.jpeg

5C8210F3-F1FF-4A9E-A717-C3BAEEDFA4F9.jpeg

.. this one was a literal mountain of trash. spent an entire weekend burning shit and repurposing.. shouldve got a pic of the befores and afters too, and last time i was there there was a giant ass tent parked right on top of it, more or less back to square one.

Last edited:

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
Nothing like punching down on homeless folks seeking some form of comfort. Can you imagine! Sleeping on a mattress! A better target would be the folks who are buying up all the affordable housing as an investment and turning poor folks out on to the streets

sevedemanos

Reaction score
homelessness does not necessarily qualify somebody as a person worthy of kindness. many of them are terrible people, some have the emotional maturity of five year olds and fantasies of being famous like this travis dude who happened to be the guy living there at the time. i gave him a beer, we talked, he was completely off his rock

jump to 13:30, guy was in this documentary

for context, ive spent most of my adult life living outside. ive met many many of those that were legit human beings and a lot that inspired me, influenced me to be a better and stronger person. to grow up. ive met some of the raddest people on the streets. but sometimes people arent capable of having an adult conversation anymore

Last edited:

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
homelessness does not necessarily qualify somebody as a person worthy of kindness. many of them are terrible people, some have the emotional maturity of five year olds and fantasies of being famous like this travis dude who happened to be the guy living there at the time. i gave him a beer, we talked, he was completely off his rock

scroll to 46:20

Cool story, I could say the same thing about folks from middle class backgrounds, many are terrible people and have the maturity of a 5 year old, worst of all many see owning rental housing as an investment and being a landlord as being a real job. Being a classcuck is one of the worst character traits IMO.

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
Those hopouts are in those homebums towns, they belong to the streets, you are just a visitor. You and I are far closer to those junkies and homebums then we are to their middle class neighbours.
Like I said punching down doesn't help anyone. p.s. that video you shared is super cringe, pretty much just poor shaming propaganda and white middle class entitlement. Please don't tell me that you buy that bullshit.

Last edited:

sevedemanos

Reaction score
Those hopouts are in those homebums towns, they belong to the streets, you are just a visitor. You and I are far closer to those junkies and homebums then we are to their middle class neighbours.
Like I said punching down doesn't help anyone. p.s. that video you shared is super cringe, pretty much just poor shaming propaganda and white middle class entitlement. Please don't tell me that you buy that bullshit.

lol. preaching to the choir buddy.

yeah somebody linked that at random some years ago and just thought it funny that travis guy was actually on the news fighting cops in downtown

ive never done drugs, so maybe im coming off like a dick without knowing it.

i legit had nowhere to go or anybody to turn to after highschool. and ive spent all my time trying to stay alive ever since.

Last edited:
  • Meh
Reactions: beersalt

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

jump to 13:30, guy was in this documentary

for context, ive spent most of my adult life living outside. ive met many many of those that were legit human beings and a lot that inspired me, influenced me to be a better and stronger person. to grow up. ive met some of the raddest people on the streets. but sometimes people arent capable of having an adult conversation anymore

I agree with you about some houseless people/travelers are absolute trash people. Some people just don't give 2 fucks about anyone but themselves. Those people are the problem. Whether they be houseless or bourgeoisie.

Careful posting shit from KOMO news. Its bullshit conservative propaganda. That whole "Seattle is dying" film is nonsense, and just made to scare the wealthy homeowners in Seattle.

So.....no. Catch outs dont "belong to homebums". Correct me if I'm wrong here, but alot of us run out those tweeker-ass homebums who try to take over the SMALL areas that we've set aside for ALL travelers to use.

Take the Roseville jungle for example. Tweekers are moving in, hard. And if they don't meet resistance, that place with just turn into a total shithole. That affects a shitload of people who use that area every year.

They come in, and just like OP said, destroy everything. Tweakers are a plague on the houseless community, and the sad part is, its really not their fault, its caused by addiction.

If you want to call that drug shaming, that's your prerogative. I do drugs, so do a shit load of other people, but if you become destructive to a community of people, you're probably going to get shunned.

But, I'm just going to come out and say it, if you've gotten to the point of addiction where you are stealing from other houseless people, trashing camps and squats, and won't try to better your life whatsoever. I don't feel sorry for you. At all.

Also, as @sevedemanos said, you're preaching to the choir about class war. I'm not sure why you are bringing that up is such an aggressive way, it doesn't really directly relate to what we are talking about.

Rant over.

I think you are using the term hobo incorrectly. Homebums, tweekers and hobos are usually not the same groups of people. Although the homebum and the tweaker can synonymous in many areas.

But ya. I get you. I try to clean up jungles and catch outs when I travel. Its an unspoken service to the traveling community that unfortunately, many have forgotten about.

Reactions: EJ1312 and Hobeau

sevedemanos

Reaction score
I agree with you about some houseless people/travelers are absolute trash people. Some people just don't give 2 fucks about anyone but themselves. Those people are the problem. Whether they be houseless or bourgeoisie.

Careful posting shit from KOMO news. Its bullshit conservative propaganda. That whole "Seattle is dying" film is nonsense, and just made to scare the wealthy homeowners in Seattle.

So.....no. Catch outs dont "belong to homebums". Correct me if I'm wrong here, but alot of us run out those tweeker-ass homebums who try to take over the SMALL areas that we've set aside for ALL travelers to use.

Take the Roseville jungle for example. Tweekers are moving in, hard. And if they don't meet resistance, that place with just turn into a total shithole. That affects a shitload of people who use that area every year.

They come in, and just like OP said, destroy everything. Tweakers are a plague on the houseless community, and the sad part is, its really not their fault, its caused by addiction.

If you want to call that drug shaming, that's your prerogative. I do drugs, so do a shit load of other people, but if you become destructive to a community of people, you're probably going to get shunned.

But, I'm just going to come out and say it, if you've gotten to the point of addiction where you are stealing from other houseless people, trashing camps and squats, and won't try to better your life whatsoever. I don't feel sorry for you. At all.

Also, as @sevedemanos said, you're preaching to the choir about class war. I'm not sure why you are bringing that up is such an aggressive way, it doesn't really directly relate to what we are talking about.

I think you are using the term hobo incorrectly. Homebums, tweekers and hobos are usually not the same groups of people. Although the homebum and the tweaker can synonymous in many areas.

But ya. I get you. I try to clean up jungles and catch outs when I travel. Its an unspoken service to the traveling community that unfortunately, many have forgotten about.

careful? i dont get it. is it not ok to post news videos of tweakers youve seen living at hopout spots? my bad then

if you watched the whole thing im very sorry. i said jump to 13

people need to smoke more weed i think and chill out

Reactions: Dmac

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
careful? i dont get it. is it not ok to post news videos of tweakers youve seen living at hopout spots? my bad then

if you watched the whole thing im very sorry. i said jump to 13

people need to smoke more weed i think and chill out

Naw man, i just mean KOMO news is conservative alarmist propaganda, which usually demonizes houseless people so that rich white seattleites start clutching pearls.

Everyone knows the homebum situation in Seattle is bad right now, its just that news organization is kind if a piece of shit in regard to giving out truthful journalism when it comes to houslessness in Seattle.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads