1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

asthma........

Discussion in 'Staying Healthy' started by spockily, Dec 6, 2017.

1. spockily

spockily is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Houston, TX, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    so i have asthma and i was woundering how people with it are traveling and what do yall do when you have no insurence and a attack on the road i rarley have them but when i do they are normally pretty bad i do have a inhaler and also a nebulizer but the nebulizer is way to heavy to be carrying around any advise from anyone would be greatly appreicated

2. Cornelius Vango

Cornelius Vango Celebrated Poster

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Chief librarian at Slab City Library
    Address:
    Slab City, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +602 / -15
    When I don't have an inhaler, it is a lot harder to get breathing normally again, but the things that work for me are

Chewing coffee beans- this can have a similar effect as the steroids in inhalers.
    Smoking a bit of sage- this helps your lungs to cough up phlegm and open up.
    Making inhalers out of essential oils- My current blend is; eucalyptus, evergreen, lavender, lemon (there's others that work for this however). You take a diffuser stick and put it inside of something like an empty chapstick container or they make actual inhaler diffuser things for essential oils. Just inhale the fumes from the combination of oils you use (I can recommend a few blends), hold it and exhale, then try cough and breath, clasp your hands above your head or hang from something to open your lungs more.

Repeat again in a minute as necessary after you see how it affects you.

Obviously, also staying away from smoke and smog always is good preventative measures.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    spockily

spockily is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Houston, TX, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    thank you so much this is so help much i cannot wait to try all of this