Asheville, NC March last year - Young guy with long blondish hair in all white, I have your tiny statue! (1 Viewer)

onandonward

Current Location
Ohhhhiiiooooo
Website
fateequation.com
March of 2018 I was in Asheville. There was a very young, weirdly Jesus-esque looking guy panhandling on what I think might have been College St. I was sitting in the park across the street, newly-washed, and eating an ice cream cone for dinner like the degenerate I am – vaguely paying attention to him. Midway through my ice cream he got up with his sign and walked away from the cardboard he'd been sitting on. At the time my long distance eyesight was still relatively good and I noticed he left a tiny buddha (?) statue next to said cardboard. I finished my ice cream, crossed the street, and picked it up. I was in town for two more nights but never saw him again, although I had previously seen him hanging out with a more typical traveler crowd (patches and grease-dreads and, I'm sure, a banjo). I still have the statue, and last night I was looking at it and noticed that certain parts of it had been worn down by rubbing. Made me think perhaps it was more treasured than I had realized at the time. Anywho I would love to return the statue to its deeply zen owner, or at least learn about this mysterious person, if any of you have happened to run into someone fitting this description. I understand I have very little info, here, but I can't imagine there are tons of all-white wearing Jesus-types who journey with crust punks in the traveler community.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $15.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $15.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $15.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $15.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Wowzers I'm glad I was off the site for the duration of The Pronoun Thread, as it's been titled. Holy shit. I know for a fact I would have gotten sucked into it and I'm not sure if that would've been a good thing lol
48 hours from HELL, lost thirteen hundred dollars, thats a fuckload on a pension! lost two ducks to the heat, the key for teh vespa is goign to cost an unbelievable amount says the cheerful vespa mechanic,and i need two new tyres, a new belt and rollersaswell! the generator died, wake up, the dogs cold and dead besides me and for the icing on the cake, lost my fucking bankcard and the bank tellers was a twat to me!!!ANYONE nearby bring booze and cigs and cheer!!!!FARRRKKKKKKK
On the side of the road 8 miles from Paint Rock, TX
Anyone have tips for cool chill spots dwntwn jacksonville,
Heading up to NYC soon. Gotta start from scratch again and been getting the itch to go somewhere anyways.
Almost to Jax anyone about?
Cinderella castle would make a damn good apocalypse house
A Simple Step Van wrote on snailormoon's profile.
Welcome to the site. Whattaya mean when you say you work with native Californian wildlife? Like, do you get paid for it or is it sarcasm? Curious am I. ~ peace
In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!

Staff online