Around the World

Shaw

Reaction score
Hello StP, I'm Shaw.

25 Year old traveler. My parents were in the military and moved my sister and I around a lot, so I've been traveling pretty much my entire life. Once I graduated high school I joined the Army and was part of the 131 Airborne Engineers. Medical discharge my third year in. After that I joined up with the Electrical union for a while. After that I went on helpex and work exchanged in Germany for a year. Hoping to get my English as a second language certification and a bilingual degree and move to Germany. For now I'm working in Grand Rapids stocking cash until winter. My plan is to be hitting the west coast sometime around November.

I prefer to travel via vehicle but have hitchhiked through a few states and train hopped from Buffalo, NY to Portland, OR. I'm more of a Jack of all trades than anything. I am always on the look out for new experiences and adventure. I usually travel alone more out of preference than anything. I have social anxiety problems I have been trying to work on and so far I think I'm doing alright.

I was super excited to find this website, I'm really looking forward to talking to some people.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welome! My sister and BIL were military - he re-enlisted a couple times and retired - but their two boys traveled the world with them too - England, Utah, Turkey, TX, etc - ha at one time they had the most interesting accents - a mix of England mixed with the south. Lots to see and read here. Enjoy :)

Reactions: Kal

Shaw

Reaction score
Welome! My sister and BIL were military - he re-enlisted a couple times and retired - but their two boys traveled the world with them too - England, Utah, Turkey, TX, etc - ha at one time they had the most interesting accents - a mix of England mixed with the south. Lots to see and read here. Enjoy :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's defiantly becomes an easier method of traveling. We spent a good amount of time in England when I was younger. You don't really realize you talk different until you come back state side lol.

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P. I'm on the west coast now in Oregon heading south. All I can say it's freaking awesome!!!! I need a camera sometimes words are not enough to describe something.

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P. I'm on the west coast now in Oregon heading south. All I can say it's freaking awesome!!!! I need a camera sometimes words are not enough to describe something.

Hi, Kal! Was wondering how your travels were going! :D

Reactions: Kal
K

Kim Chee

Welcome. I'm assuming you're American, but how did you get into the 131st Airborne which isn't an American unit and why would you need an English as a Second Language Certification as I'm going to assume once again...you're a native speaker?

Sorry about all the questions, just confused over here.

Hope I don't flare up your social anxiety;)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads