Are you more sexually attracted to your physical opposite? | Squat the Planet

Are you more sexually attracted to your physical opposite?

Unslap

Reaction score
I'm a guy with light skin and hair, and i am aware that i give more sexual attention to girls with dark skin and hair.
My best friend has dark skin and hair, and i'm pretty positive that he leans towards blonde women.
Of course i've been captivated by many blondes, this is just a general trend.

Do you see this in yourself?
Are you gay, straight?

(btw i think this is different enough from the thread started by rememberusername a few years ago)

Wolf

Reaction score
Actually it's true for me, I tend to be more sexually attracted to ladies of darker skin and darker hair (unless it's blue, ugh blue hair, yum). I find very little sexual attraction, initially, to lighter skinned ladies, which is ironic sense I've only had sex with lighter skinned ladies.

chelzee

Reaction score
well i'm dark blonde and i like light red hair... idk i think that's just generic though.
i do notice that the opposite complexion attraction happens a lot though

Reactions: todd

NyxNomasters

Reaction score
Visually I check out all sorts of shades of people because I'm a voyeur. Sexually I'm attracted to people who stimulate my brain. My vagina is kinda racist though. It only likes white people for some reason.

I'm poly. I don't see gender. I like personality.

Reactions: todd and iixila

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
oposites attract... but really, i go for a person who makes me want them... but i cant be sexually attracted to a chocolate fellow. i dont know why... dam you, racist daddy!!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
well im hispanic, small framed, dark featured and definitely go for the white boys. I also generally like taller, "fuller" guys, with light hair and light eyes. also preppy/jockish guys seem to be a recurring theme in my latest exploits. generally ill sleep with and human with a penis though. ill try any type of guy once. *shawink*

Reactions: dolittle

Nym

Reaction score
im more attracted to peoples personalities then their looks...you could be hot as hell but
have a shitty personality and i would look at you twice
..but good looks are a plus....

but i must say..give me a large bootied puerto rican woman anyday :)

Nym

Reaction score
question though..why does a relationship that worked on the streets never really seem to work in a housed environment?

i mean i was with my baby daddy on the streets
and everything was perfect
then we housed up and had a kid and got jobs
and everything went to shit
no where not together and all that shit....

maybe its just the stress?

Unslap

Reaction score
but i must say..give me a large bootied puerto rican woman anyday
Sure!
I was going to post an interesting link to spark conversation, but I can't find anything about this online. In fact, all I ran into was a study about people being attracted to facial features similar to their own, and another about attraction to those who resemble your mom or dad

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
question though..why does a relationship that worked on the streets never really seem to work in a housed environment?

Yep same here, You my ex?
We did great till money became something we needed for more than booze and cigarettes - What a fool I was trying to domesticate a tramp!

venusinpisces

Reaction score

Living on the street is different because you don't have the same kind of responsibilities that are necessary to pay rent and hold down a job. A lot of people who are drawn towards traveling just don't function well in that kind of environment no matter how hard they try. That's why you see so many creative people in difficult situations--because the job market in this country, with its emphasis on routine and left brain logic at the expense of creativity, is fundamentally incompatible with the skill sets of these people.

But I'm sorry to hear about your relationship troubles. Hopefully you have someone helping you with child care? I mentioned this on another thread, but you may want to look into intentional communities if you haven't already. A lot of them will help with child care and you can also gain valuable skills there too. Here is a site just in case you're interested.
Intentional Communities - ecovillages, communes, cohousing, coops

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini and panik

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
yeah, i personally have a type and my type is alot different from the type that i am. i'm super pale with freckles, average height, skinny-ish, i have really dark brown hair, and brown eyes. i'm bisexual i guess. i always invariably end up with blonde girls, which is really weird cuz i don't seek them out, it just happens like that. as for guys i generally end up with guys who are darker than me, my ex is hispanic and my current boyfriend is as well. it's weird because i didn't realise there was a trend until i saw this thread.
as for the relationships on the road and how they translate to living together... it's interesting, it changes alot once you and your partner get housed up. me and my ex pretty much lived just like street kids, except we had an apartment. consequently we got evicted alot, heh. it put strain on the relationship but mainly because being indoors was hella stressfull for both of us. we got housesick. it sucked. the guy im dating right now is an ex traveler but when we met we were both housed up, and things seem to be going better than they would had we made that transition together. we're about to start traveling together, wonder if it'll be weird...

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Actually it's true for me, I tend to be more sexually attracted to ladies of darker skin and darker hair (unless it's blue, ugh blue hair, yum). I find very little sexual attraction, initially, to lighter skinned ladies, which is ironic sense I've only had sex with lighter skinned ladies.

But then again, give you a little beer, and if it has skin and hair at all, you're all over it.

venusinpisces

Reaction score
My vagina is kinda racist though. It only likes white people for some reason.
What an unfortunate problem. (for you, not the rainbow coalition)

venusinpisces

Reaction score
I suppose that part of getting older is being far less concerned with physical appearance than personality and values. I'm 31 and experienced enough to have finely honed bullshit detection skills. So when I see hints that someone routinely treats others poorly, looks down on people, takes advantage of generosity, etc., it becomes very hard to sustain interest no matter how strong the initial attraction.

Putting that aside, pretty redheads will always catch my eye...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads